Logistics Assistant – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in the country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the program. The focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, and the Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s program in Sudan.
Logistics Assistant Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||04/10/2021, 21:27|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Logistics Assistant Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role and responsibilities
The logistics assistant has the day-to-day operational responsibility for stock movements within warehousing on behalf of NRC.
- Adhere to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the procurement function’s portfolio according to procurement monthly work plans and work and development plan.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by line manager
- Develop, prepare, share, process and archive all procurement documentation as per the procurement policies in place in the country, and as per the logistics handbook.
- Communicate and arrange meetings with suppliers as requested by the line manager
- Communicate with requesters and field procurement staff in order to provide feedbacks regarding progress of the procurement process and to coordinate transportation and delivery of goods or services.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents, including scanning in NRC filling tree.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement function
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Participate to market analysis (survey)
- Maintain supplier’s database for the Field Office
- As required prepare RFQ, share them with relevant suppliers, and participate to tender process at various stages. IE gather quotations, and prepare purchase orders
- Liaise with field logistics and program staff to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services
- Ensure paper and electronic records are maintained in a systematic manner in line with NRC’s standard procurement procedures, providing a clear auditable trail
- Establish and maintain good professional working relationships with suppliers and contractors whilst strictly adhering to NRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and NRC’s code of conduct
- Support organization of packing, loading, and unloading of materials.
- Support in identifying and hiring of daily laborers
- Maintain warehouse material in proper condition.
- Keep records of all incoming and outgoing materials, on paper and in electronic form. Maintain accurate records of materials and constant control.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor degree in business administration, logistics, procurements or related field with minimum three years’ experience of working as a logistics assistant a humanitarian or development context.
Team leadership, inter-personal and inter-cultural skills and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential and attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
Preferable to be from Alfasher area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Alfasher with almost 40% travel.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The NRC headquarters is located in Oslo and has about 280 employees. Additionally the organisation has a presence in Brussels, Geneva, Washington, D.C., Berlin, London and Addis Ababa. NRC was established in 1946 under the name “Europahjelpen” (“Aid to Europe”), to assist refugees in Europe after World War II.
For jobs from The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs Page