Finance Officer (UNICEF Nutrition Project) (Gezera) – PHF
|Position Title||Finance Officer (UNICEF Nutrition Project)|
|Gross Salary||700 USD (subjected to all statutory deductions).|
|Duty Station||Al Gezera Office (Madani)|
|No. of Post||1|
|Duration||6 months (initially up to 30 September 2023) with the possibility of extension.|
|Closing Date||31 March 2023.|
Duties and responsibilities:
- ∙ Review Project budget processes and ensures that the grants budget consistent with the approved work plan.
- ∙ Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- ∙ Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- ∙ Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- ∙ Entering all data and information into computer systems, such as invoices, financial documents, entries, exchange orders, and all different accounts
- ∙ Reviews and assesses the day-to-day financial needs and ensures adequate and timely replenishment of funds.
- ∙ Prepares payments and journal vouchers and ensures adequate supporting documents for all financial transactions.
- ∙ Maintain proper filling system by organizing and records in a proper sequence. ∙ Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- ∙ Handle different projects accounts according to the internal rules and regulations of GAA and accepted cash principle.
- ∙ Keep expenditures records of all transactions according to PHF accounting standards.
- ∙ Chick the quality of vouchers (signature, stamp and paper) as per financial and accounting procedures.
- ∙ Ensure all payments are done on a timely manner
- ∙ Prepares Weekly Reports of All payments and Expenses
- ∙ Ensure submission of timely and reliable financial information (reconciliations, fin Liaising with the bank and creditors on daily business transactions, and creating a smooth working business relationship financial reports etc.)
- ∙ Produce weekly GL reports and any other report requested.
- ∙ To ensure the delivery of timely and accurate Field offices financial information and reports in accordance with reporting requirements for all stakeholders. ∙ Provide monthly fund balance reports with accurate expense and revenue data by the 5th of every month to all Budget Holders.
- ∙ Timely submission of monthly reports with supporting documentation to the CO in accordance with reporting requirements.
- ∙ To ensure accurate cost allocation of expenses on a monthly basis against appropriate donor/projects/ledger codes.
- ∙ To ensure tailored reports to the needs of the relevant non-finance managers, and is easy to read and understand.
- ∙ To ensure that deadlines are documented and met.
- ▪ Bachelor or Master Degree in accounting or business Administration.
- ▪ Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting and finance field at NGOs & INGOs.
- ▪ Proven experience and knowledge of effective accounting and internal control.
- ▪ Good Knowledge and ability to managing SMACC accounting system.
- ▪ Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications,
- e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, Excel, database and web-based system.
- ▪ Working knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are required to send the following documents to this email: [email protected]
- ▪ Clear CV (English copy).
- ▪ Cover or motivation letter
- ▪ University Certificates.
Only the shortlisted will be contacted.