IT Coordinator(Port Sudan) – Relief International
|Supply Chain & Operations Manager
|12 Feb 2024
Relief International is an international non-profit organization that partners with communities impacted by conflict, climate change, and disaster to save lives, build greater resilience, and promote long-term health and wellbeing. Our team of more than 7,000 staff and local volunteers work in 15 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, providing Health and Nutrition, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), Education, and Livelihoods programming that creates the foundation for community resilience. We do this by working with local actors to develop safe and inclusive local programming that is evidence-based, conflict-sensitive, climate-smart, and reaches those in need.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilize the IT support ticketing system to troubleshoot users’ computer problems, determine sources of issues, and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Support in-country RI staff to access IT-managed services
- Setup new users’ accounts and assist users in maintaining active profiles throughout IT-managed systems
- Computer Systems Monitoring and Maintenance.
- Follow the RI Computer Standards to install and configure computer operating systems and all RI software
- Plan and undertake scheduled monthly maintenance to ensure all local computers are up-to-date with all-important software and system updates.
- Manage and keep track of IT inventory for all Sudan offices.
- Network Monitoring and Maintenance
- Perform regularly scheduled network equipment maintenance to ensure office networks are running smoothly
- Monitor networking firewalls and enforce network security policies
- Diagnose and fix network problems or potential problems
- Maintain other networked equipment, including but not limited to printers, scanners, VoIP phones, power generators, and web conferencing systems.
- Information Security Response
- Monitor and respond to security alerts associated with local users in the Cisco Thread Response portal
- Ensure all the local devices are free of viruses/malware and the protection agents are up-to-date
- Coordinate with the Cyber Security Working Group to respond to any cyber-attacks targeting local users or devices.
- Manage and maintain Power Sources in the office, upgrade if needed. Including gas generators and renewable energy sources, if applicable.
- Maintain and manage office cabling, including power cables and network cabling.
- Setup necessary backup power options to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the network
- IT knowledge and user training.
- Complete and fulfill all IT training requirements.
- Attend necessary IT webinars and seminars to stay up-to-date with changes to all IT-managed solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and support best practices
- Provide basic IT user training and orientation to local staff as needed
- Communicate with local IT vendors and IT service providers to explore and coordinate local IT services and procurement options
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of RI acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Minimum Qualification, Skills, and Experience Required:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A master degree with an additional 8 years of experience may be accepted instead of a Master’s degree;
- Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field from accredited academic institutions.
- 5 years of experience in a similar field; Previous experience in UN/INGO is preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving, and training abilities
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Experience in Software Development (PHP, Python, and . NET) is preferable.
- Proficient in English and Arabic languages.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply
Application, full CV, copy of qualifications, and experience certificates should be delivered directly to the labor office in Port Sudan before. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written tests and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly to Labor/HAC. The closing date will be on the day: 12 February 2024. Any application after this date will not be considered.