Senior Partnership Officer (Madani) – Relief International
About Relief International
About RI: Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing on life-saving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
Relief International is a nonprofit organization that partners with some of the world’s most vulnerable communities to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. … Relief International is non-sectarian and non-political. Relief International works in 19 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
It is based in Washington, D.C., and in London. Relief International was founded in the U.S. in 1990 by Farshad Rastegar, an Iranian American. The European headquarters under the title Relief International UK began operations in 2005. Focus: Human Rights, health, empowerment, …Location: Washington, D.C., and London.
RI is seeking for a motivated person to support the RI-Sudan humanitarian program portfolio. The role will provide grants and partnership management, reporting, and business development support across the Country portfolio.
The Senior Partnerships Officer will be responsible for managing and directing the partnership with RI’s partners, including Donors, INGOs, and Local NGOs, therefore acting as the primary focal point, and facilitating Organizational Capacity Assessments (OCAs) and Due Diligence Assessments (DDAs) to identify improvements of the organization’s eligibility for new partnerships, based on a clear and shared understanding of strategy, role and approach, and core partnership principles.
We are looking for a resourceful candidate with good planning and problem-solving abilities. Must be a quick learner who works well in a dynamic role and is able to organize, track, and manage complex information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the implementation of RI’s partnership system across all areas of sub-award management including the pre-award assessment, partner budget review, and contracting tool selection; prepare sub-award agreement packages aligned with specific donor requirements, and facilitate sub-award review for all partners under the different projects.
- Organize the pre-award due diligence process with respect to all new partnerships, including through appropriate vetting, coordinating the pre-award assessment with other departments, analysis of risks associated with the award, chairing the Pre-Award Assessment (PAA) Panel, and the identification and implementation of appropriate measures to manage those risks, working with other departments as appropriate.
- Lead partner Sub-Grants’ Opening Meetings to ensure sub-grant agreement terms and conditions are well understood by the sub-grantees; arrange for the initial financial reporting training to the sub-grantees where necessary.
- Work closely with the grants coordinator and program teams to prepare and update the partnership tracker.
- Support partner monitoring schedule per Partners Project Capacity Review results and ensure programmatic and compliance monitoring visits happen in coordination with the partnership team and responsible project managers.
- Support in capacity sharing of partners in identified areas as per the partner support plans.
- Work closely with the grants coordinator to ensure the timely scheduling and carrying out of sub-award close-out activities in close coordination with RI’s internal relevant program staff.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all sub-awards in line with organizational policy requirements.
- Work with the project managers to set up monthly coordination/performance review meetings
Budget and Reporting:
- Support the grants coordinator and the finance manager to disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (budgets and reports) and other donor-related information to the partners.
- Facilitate timely and accurate submission of partner financial reports and fund requests in accordance with sub-award requirements, and coordinate review of financial and programmatic reports with relevant RI staff.
- Stay up to date with donor compliance guidelines and disseminate to relevant colleagues in the country program and partners.
- Ensure that draft reports are shared for review and feedback by Finance and grants coordinators and the relevant program team prior to submitting the final report to archiving on BOX.
- Facilitate timely and accurate submission of partner monthly and quarterly financial reports to the Finance Coordinator for final review of financial and programmatic reports with relevant RI staff.
Sub Award Management
- Work collaboratively and supportively with partners to develop and finalize budgets and budget amendments, and (in the case of milestone-based partnership agreements) in determining the costing of milestones.
- For cost-reimbursable partnership agreements, work with the Finance Coordinator to agree with partners the specific documentation required to support each type of cost, adjusting standard requirements to the operating context and the partner.
- Support in sub-award grantee reporting, ensuring that partners use the budgeting and reporting templates provided at the time of signing the Partnership Agreements.
- Assist in the close-out of partnership agreements, including in relation to financial verification and asset confirmation.
Data Management and Record Keeping
- Updating and revising all due diligence, registers, and related governance documents in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Maintaining adequate archiving and recordkeeping of partnerships records.
- Constantly maintaining an archive and register of grants, awards, sub-awards agreements, and MOUs with partners, donors and other stakeholders…etc.
Qualification and Experience:
- University Degree (Masters preferred) International Development, communications, social sciences, International Business or accounting or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors.
- 3 years of relevant previous INGO/NGO experience in the same or similar position.
- Excellent computer skills in office suite such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point,
- Very good knowledge of the requirements of the institutional donors, funding mechanisms and experience in reporting to donors,
- Very good knowledge of partnership and due diligence-related platforms,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- An overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications and build internal and external relationships
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to manage and fast-paced coordination of work in a positive manner.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve
- Ensure that your behavior inside and outside of work promotes the values outlined with RI’s code of conduct and safeguarding policies
Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, contribute to ensuring that all those who come into contact with Relief International staff and the communities we serve can be trusted to work safely with them
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How To Apply
- Please, submit your CV, work certificates, and qualifications and state the name of the position on an envelop, a telephone contact number, and three professional references to Labor Office Wad Madani or online, Closing date: 05.10.2023, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org