|Duty Station:||Khartoum With frequent Travel to the field offices|
|ROLE PURPOSE:||12 months|
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programs in health, nutrition, education, protection, and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programs are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs, and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
To manage the SCI Sudan fleet assets in accordance in accordance with operational needs and in compliance with the required standard procedures and systems as determined by SCI Sudan standard fleet management systems and procedures and provide effective and efficient resource planning and scheduling for all fleet assets within Sudan. The Job holder will also ensure that security, safety, and legal requirements are observed and followed by all SCI Sudan employees in all areas concerning vehicle support.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
In line with SCI Sudan Policy and procedures as a Fleet Manager;
- Develop, establish and implement in close cooperation with the Head of Supply Chain, long term strategies for professional and cost-effective transport/fleet management in the areas of planning the Vehicle Allocation, Maintenance Schedules, Running cost controls and monitoring, Fleet standardisation, Technical management, Vehicle replacement and/or Cost recovery policies and mechanisms
- To review and develop on the existing transport policies, develop and maintain effective operating systems, procedures, guidelines and databases and ensure homogeneity of their implementation across the country.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of transport /fleet management processes and ensure Standardised systems for the whole operation as such.
- Review the existing vehicle maintenance procedures, develop and maintain effective systems and guidelines and schedules for professional repairs and maintenance management and identify professional workshops at all field offices to establish standard service and maintenance contracts with them and to decentralise the technical management as far as possible to the field level.
- Ability to adhere to the SCI Sudan Child protection code of Conduct, Security Guidelines, chronic illness policy and ethical principles.
- Maximise the SCI Sudan fleet efficiency and cost-effectiveness through planned resource allocation in accordance with existing and future transport/fleet management procedures and guidelines.
- Take the leading role in collaboration with the Head of Supply Chain, in installing, operating and monitoring renovative approaches in Fleet tracking and monitoring systems.
- Ensure that all operational transport needs are well planned and covered and develop strategic plans for Fleet service charges, in line with donor regulations and funds.
- Manage, supervise, guide and train the line managed transport staff to ensure best possible performance in accordance with operational needs and SCI Sudan Human Resource policy. The fleet manager is responsible for the management of the drivers attached to the field support.
- Provide and ensure professional training for all SCI Sudan drivers in Sudan in accordance with security regulations and technical requirements.
- Organise/coordinate driver/vehicle user training events and develop skills and standards to the highest safety standards. Support, train and develop regional/national staff as applicable with the aim to transfer skills and knowledge.
- In collaboration with the Fleet Forum fleet safety project, develop vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures/systems.
- Management, control and accountability of all fuel and lubricants supplies and all other technical equipment (fleet0, including contingency planning and storage country wide-wide as well as control.
- Monitoring and reporting on all other vehicle running costs to ensure maximised cost efficiency and correct and transparent usage of funds.
- Provide technical inputs into the decision-making process concerning the issue of fleet services like planning, capacity and availability of vehicles, trucks for transportation of relief supplies either by SCI Sudan transport means or outsourced commercial services.
- Monitor, control and report on the use of all SCI Sudan fleet assets in both operational and non-operational circumstances.
- Participate in the sourcing and purchasing of new vehicles
- Liaise with relevant local contractors, fleet service providers and commercial enterprises.
- Liaise with international, government and non-government organisations / inter-agency groups and collaborate where appropriate on relevant vehicle and transport issues.
- Ensure that all SCI Sudan fleet asset and driver administration is executed in a professional manner and in accordance with SCI Sudan Standard Procedures. This includes Vehicle and driver data files, registration and documentation for import/Export transfers of fleet assets, insurance matters as well as transport documentation and reporting.
- Ensure that all SCI Sudan fleet assets are serviced, maintained and repaired according to standard maintenance guidelines and schedules through professional commercial workshops by setting the highest possible quality standards to ensure the safety of passengers and drivers.
- Carry out regular visits to all field locations to coordinate the fleet management aspect countrywide and to ensure implementation of SCI Sudan standard systems and guidelines equally at all locations.
- Ensure and in cooperation with the Head of Supply Chain and the responsible fleet management staff at the field locations, that the standard monthly fleet reporting system (tracker) for all fleet management activities in Sudan. Collect and combine these reports and prepare the monthly report to the Head of Supply Chain in a Timely Manner.
Reports to: Head of Supply Chain
Staff reporting to this post:
Direct: 07 CO drivers
Indirect: 26 field-based drivers
Budget Responsibilities: none
Role Dimensions: supports all fleet needs across the country program through liaison with Supply Chain Coordinators, drivers, internal and external stakeholders
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling save the children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities- giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- A minimum graduate Degree in Administrative Sciences, Logistics/Transport/Fleet Management, or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution, post-graduate training in any field of vehicle management is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of proven supervisory experience in fleet management either in a corporate or humanitarian environment. Recognized technical qualifications in fleet management are desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems.
- Full computer literacy on windows systems and software is mandatory.
- Analytical, good documentation, basic budgetary and financial management skills.
- Strategic and long-term planning skills necessary for planning and implementing transport/fleet management processes and procedures.
- Strong planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to manage staff and relations between them and the program staff they support.
- Valid driving Licence for all relevant classes.
- Time management.
- Diplomacy and confidentiality
- Effective interpersonal skills- oral and written communication skills
Females are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.
Application, full CV, copy of qualifications, and experience certificates should be delivered directly to HAC Labour Department, Khartoum – End of Gamojoria Street. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written tests and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly to Labour Office–HAC Khartoum. The closing date will be on the day: 12/August/2021. Any application after this date will not be considered. All interviews were done in HAC Labour Dep.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents. SCI will be undertaking child safeguarding checks for all candidates. Selected candidates will be asked to provide police checking prior to signing the contract.
This position is pending funding confirmation.
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit: SCI Jobs Page