PDQ Reporting Officer – SAVE THE CHILDREN
This role will lead on UN Cluster and Sector Reporting Requirements and provide support Donor and Communications related Reporting processes.
He/she will be providing technical support and capcity building to field staff on clusters and sectors 5WS& 4Ws reporting requirments, working closely with the Program Managers, Technical Advisors, Awards, Finance team, Operations team and the MEAL team in ensuring reports are compliant. The Officer will ensure successful and timely compilation, sign-off and submission of the reports for all sectors and will develop a robust process for delvery of reports.
He/she will act as a liaison point between Awards/Comms and PDQ team, providing support to TS and MEAL teams for Donor reporting, External comms and Advocacy needs as agreed.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- A BSc/BA Degree in Development studies/International Relations/Project Management or a relevant subject
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role in an INGO
- Experience in the preparation of high quality cluster (Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, Child Protection, FSL) and donor reports including ECHO, BHA and UN-OCHA.
- Good understanding of Clusters/ Sectors and donor compliance and reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Ability to work well under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and good liaison skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent Excel and Data Management Skills
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
- Experience or understanding of working in the context similar to Sudan.
Diploma in Project Management Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 22, 2021
About SAVE THE CHILDREN
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit: SCI Jobs Page