Human Resource Specialist – UNDP
|Posting Date||22/11/2021, 14:34|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
|Vacancy Type||Fixed Term|
|Bureau||Regional Bureau for the Arab States|
|Contract Duration||1 Year|
|Education & Work Experience||Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience|
|Other Criteria||Masters’ Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or related field|
|Required Languages||Fluency in oral and written English|
|Desired Languages||Working knowledge of Arabic is desirable|
Under the guidance and supervision of DRR Operations, the HR Specialist is responsible for transparent implementation of HR strategies in the Country Office (CO), effective delivery of HR services and management of the CO HR Unit. He/she analyses, interprets, and applies HR policies, rules, and regulations, establishes internal procedures, and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Specialist promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
S/he supervises and leads HR team, works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff ensuring successful CO performance in HR management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Effective HR management
- Staff performance management and career development
- Streamlining Processes
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- Provision of advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes.
- Continuous analysis of corporate HR strategies and policies, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in the CO.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, control of the workflows in the HR Unit.
- Implementation of the strategic approach to recruitment in the CO, proper use of contractual modalities, forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management
Ensures effective human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input too job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Provision of advice on recruitment in UNDP projects.
- Preparation or review of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel (CRP).
- Management of contracts in and outside Atlas. Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments, and separations through Atlas. Upon delegation of authority, performs HR Manager functions in Atlas.
- Management of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to the HR Unit.
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitation of the performance appraisal process and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of TMRG.
- Support to effective learning management including establishment of the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in collaboration with the Senior Management and Learning Manager. Implementation of the Universal Access strategy ensuring access to role appropriate learning activities.
- Provision of effective counseling to staff on career advancement, development needs, learning possibilities.
- Implementation of strategic staffing policies in line with career development.
Streamlining Processes: Identify areas for improving processes and HR policies and developing business requirements to maximize efficiency and simplify procedures, to achieve the following results:
- Recommendations for improved and new HR policies and guidelines.
- Streamlining payment and entitlement procedures to deliver optimal client service.
- Enhance work efficiency through constant evaluation and analysis of HR processes.
- Reduce unnecessary paperwork and administrative processes.
- Provide input and support to further development of and implementation of eServices.
- Lead the HR unit in the new clustering transition of HR services
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for operations/ programme staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Human Resources
- Management (General)
- Service Delivery
- Problem Solving
- Management & Coordination
- Knowledge Facilitation
- Masters’ Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources Management, including some experience specifically in providing HR advisory and/or recruitment services and/or managing staff and operational systems;
- At least 5 years of recent supervisory responsibility leading teams in a diverse team environment;
- Working experience with UNDP and/or UN agencies is desirable;
- Experience in the usage of computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Experience with ERP HR module experience, especially PeopleSoft (Atlas) is desired.
- Specialized certification in HR foundation would be an advantage.
- Other official language of the UN will be desirable
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Working knowledge of Arabic is desirableIMPORTANT NOTE:Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
About United Nations Development Programme
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Founded: November 22, 1965, United States
- Parent organization: United Nations General Assembly
- Subsidiary: United Nations Volunteers
For jobs from United Nations Development Programme visit: UNDP Jobs Page