Human Resources Associate (Khartoum) – UNFPA
|01/30/2023, 11:45 AM
|02/14/2023, 11:45 AM
|Service Contract Holders
|Education & Work Experience
|Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
|English and Arabic is required
Under the guidance and supervision of the International Operations Manager, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in Country office. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale. How you can make a difference: UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
• CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
• Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels.
• Creation/update of positions in Atlas e-recruit, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (fixed-term, ALD, SSAs, SCs). Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
• Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
• Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
• Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts.
• Maintenance of the rosters.
• Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Ensures proper staff performance Assessment and advise on career development and performance issues. Provide support to the Administration Unit following UNFPA rules and regulation.
Performs other duties within the framework of the position.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education with (6) years’ experience or First level university degree desirable with (3 )years’ experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
● Six years of relevant experience in administration, or office management.
● Strong computer knowledge (Excel, Word and Power Point).
Fluency in both English and Arabic is required.
• Exemplifying integrity,
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
• Embracing cultural diversity,
• Embracing change
• Providing logistical support
• Managing data
• Managing documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and work flow
• Planning, organising and multitasking
• Supporting financial data analysis
• Achieving results,
• Being accountable,
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
• Thinking analytically and strategically,
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,