Programme Support Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Duration||6 months with possiblity of extension|
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of the assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Community Security and Stabilization Programme Manager and Project Coordinator, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support programme implementation of a wide range of community stabilization programmes
- Support with drafting and revision of programme related documentation relevant to project implementation
- Take roles in different operations processes relevant to project implementation
- Support the conceptualization, drafting and execution of different documents and visibility materials supporting resource mobilization strategies
- Coordinate efficiently with stakeholders, including support programme management in various coordination and representation forums
- Identify potential entry points through networking and outreach and work with them to develop proposals/concept notes and activities under the overall strategic guidance of the team leader
- Identify and conceptualize potential activities that respond appropriately to the current political situation and established program goals and objectives
- Prepare, present, analyze, and evaluate grant concepts, applications, and grant agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with program priorities, goals, and objectives
- Develop and finalize multiple grant agreements and other activities on an ongoing basis in a fast-paced and highly changeable environment
- Assist in developing technical presentations and other content, rolling assessments, and other planning exercises under the overall guidance of the team leader
- Assist with responding to internal and external requests for updates on the implementation of the project;
- Support the commissions and field offices to improve their programming and reporting capacity;
- Undertake field visits to gather information and results related to the programme;
- Support external communications work of the project by preparing articles, drafting newsletters and other relevant communication materials in coordination with senior management;
- Advise and support national Communications/PI officer on the communications work (both for internal and external stakeholders);
- Assist in drafting and preparing official communications of the project (i.e. to government counterparts, external partners and donors).
- Any other tasks relevant to reporting and communications work.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV
- Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level
Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Type of Degree: International Development, Social Science, Communications, International Relations or other related fields.
Experience in working in post-conflict context for at least 2 years is preferred; Previous experience in project management.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise
Development programme management
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 23 September 2021
For jobs from United Nations Volunteers visit: UNV Jobs Page