Youth/Peacebuilding Associate – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Youth Analyst, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
· Support development and operationalization of the CO ́s strategic framework and other relevant steering documents on young people feeding into the youth portfolio.
· Special focus on taking part in the work of young people ́s enhanced empowerment and engagement at all levels by the implementation and localization of UNSCR 2250 (and other interlinked resolutions) + YPS programmatic handbook for young people to become agents of positive change.
· Contribute to supporting the creation of a national YPS coalition.
· Liaise with internal UNFPA and external stakeholders on interlinkages between UNFPA mandate and issues related to UNSCR 2250, peacebuilding and durable solutions.
· Assist in research, information gathering and analysis, especially in areas related to supporting and promoting peacebuilding and conflict prevention. For example, support the drafting of conflict analysis, risk assessment and political analysis.
· Provide support in drafting the internal (UNFPA) and national YPS strategy and its operationalization.
· Support CO efforts to mobilize resources for UNFPA within the thematic area of Youth, Peace and Security.
· Identify, assess and maintain partners who are youth-led or youth-focused organizations, as part of strengthening social movements working within the field of YPS.
· Assist in coordinating Y-PEER related activities (trainings, meetings, development of Y-PEER publications, web-site update, etc.) on national level and assist the UNFPA CO in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of said activities.
· In coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, participate in routine implementation of assigned projects and activities, including providing support in establishing and implementing M&E mechanisms to systematically assess the achievements of results, conduct field visits, participation in review meetings and evaluations.
· Contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned/best practices, recommendations, success stories, strategies and approaches.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, or any reletated feild.
At least 2 years of demonstrated interest or professional work experience at the national and/or international level in peacebuilding, civic engagement, working for or with programmatic activities related to young people, youth movements and research/analysis.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Development programme management, Youth and sports, Political affairs and political reporting
Area of expertise details
– Peacebuilding, conflict prevention, intergenerational dialogues etc.
– Engagement and participation (focus on young people)
– Adolescent and youth priorities and needs.
– Program management in developing and humanitarian settings.
– Youth-led or youth focused organizations/movements.
– Analysis and research.
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
This assignment is part of UNV’s disability inclusion strategy. UNV seeks to 1) provide opportunities for persons with disabilities to serve as UN Volunteers 2) enable UN partners to expand diversity and inclusion of persons with disabilities in their workforce worldwide 3) build a talent pipeline of qualified professionals with disabilities who can contribute to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at national and global levels, with focus on national capacity.? Only candidate with disabilities is eligible to apply for this position. If shortlisted for this assignment, you will?be asked for a copy of an official document confirming that you have a disability from a general practitioner, or from an organization of persons with disabilities. Reasonable Accommodation The UN system wishes to create an inclusive workplace and commits to taking appropriate measures to enable persons with disabilities to access and benefit equally from employment and other engagement opportunities such as volunteering, by providing reasonable accommodation. In this context, “reasonable accommodation” means necessary and appropriate modifications and adjustments not imposing a disproportionate or undue burden, where needed in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms..  Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Article 2 UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging their own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of a health insurance plan. National UN Specialist Volunteers in Sudan receive approximately USD 942 as Monthly Living Allowance. Applicable dependents (primary family unit, up to 3) will be eligible for health insurance. For more information about UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements, please refer to the following: https://www.unv.org/become-volunteer/volunteer-your-country/conditions-service https://vmam.unv.org/calculator/entitlements Application procedure Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have a VMAM account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. Important: On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question of whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability. Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile. In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly write an email to [email protected] Application deadline: 09 August 2021.
For jobs from United Nations Volunteers visit: UNV Jobs Page