|Hiring Agency:||American Embassy Khartoum|
|Position Title:||Chauffeur – All Interested Applicants|
|Open Period:||08/16/2021 – 08/30/2021|
|Series/Grade:||LE – 1015 4|
For More Info:
- HR Section
- [email protected]
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (48 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Operates a variety of armored and non-armored motor vehicles to transport Embassy personnel, including VIP visitors, TDY staff, delegations, and field trips. The incumbent receives daily directions from the Dispatcher and is directly supervised by the Motor Pool Supervisor. Transport is provided for official and non-official business as necessary due to the security restrictions of Sudan. At times, the incumbent may be required to drive a heavy truck, tanker, or cargo vehicle to transport fuel, water, and supplies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of professional driving experience with passengers is required.
Job Knowledge: Must be familiar with the basic mechanical operation of the vehicle, i.e. checking fluids and tire pressure. Must be familiar with local traffic laws and patterns.
Successful completion of secondary school is required.
English: Level III (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading, and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level III (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading, and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a valid “general” driver license for larger vehicles. (This may be tested)
- Must have an ability to follow instructions and be reliable in attendance and performance.
- Must be able to drive using the security skills learned during Armored Vehicle Driver training.
- Must have a professional attitude and good customer service skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide the requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Driver’s License
- High School Diploma
- Other Document (Experience certificates)
- Other Document 2 (Experience certificates)
- Passport copy
- Work Permit (if applicable)
- Proof of Citizenship
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in U.S. Mission.
About US Embassy
What does the US Embassy Do?
The primary purpose of an embassy is to assist American citizens who travel to or live in the host country. U.S. Foreign Service Officers also interview citizens of the host country who wish to travel to the United States for business, education, or tourism purposes.
U.S. Embassy, LondonEmbassy in London, England
The Embassy of the United States of America in London is the diplomatic mission of the United States in the United Kingdom. It is the largest American embassy in Western Europe and the focal point for events relating to the United States held in the United Kingdom.
Embassy of the United States, BeijingOffice in Beijing, China
The Embassy of the United States in Beijing is the diplomatic mission of the United States in China. It serves as the administrative office of the United States Ambassador to China. The embassy complex is in Chaoyang District, Beijing.