Voucher Examiner – US Embassy
|Hiring Agency:||American Embassy Khartoum|
|Position Title:||Voucher Examiner – All Interested Applicants|
|Open Period:||09/08/2021 – 09/22/2021|
|Series/Grade:||LE – 0420 7|
For More Info:
- HR Section
- [email protected]
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Serves as Voucher Examiner. This position is responsible for the preparation, review, and verification of claims for payment of goods and services provided by employees and vendors. The incumbent’s daily duty is to administer, and perform work consisting of the examination for accuracy, legality, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, and other requests for payment via RFMS Momentum. Provides expert advice on USG disbursement process and takes an active role in assuming that claims submitted are in settlement of legitimate obligations incurred in compliance with USG standard regulations. The jobholder works under direct supervision of the Financial Specialist.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting/bookkeeping, auditing, budget financial work is required.
Thorough understanding and knowledge of U.S. Government allotment and project accounting standards and principles, applicable sections of the Foreign Affairs Manual, Foreign Affairs Handbook, ICASS Handbook and cable guidance, Standardized Regulations, Administrative Policies, Appropriation Law “the GAO Red Book”, and the purposes and organizations of supported agencies and their rules of operation. Basic understanding and knowledge of Department of State payroll regulations and procedures.
Completion of a university degree in the field of accounting, auditing or finance within Business Administration is required.
English: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to use a personal computer and other office equipment such as a copier and a fax and have a proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Must be well organized, show attention to detail, and be able to communicate directly and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to comprehend and logically apply complicated regulations and procedures.
- Must possess excellent public relations skills essential to work directly with post management here in the Embassy.
- Incumbent must be able to work under pressure and be an active FMO team player.
Paris calling you: OECD Internship Program In France 2021
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Also Check: Mandela Washington Fellowship (Traineeship) For Young African Leaders
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- University Degree
- Other Document (Experience certificates)
- Other Document 2 (Experience certificates)
- Proof of Citizenship
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in U.S. Mission.
About US Embassy
What does the US Embassy Do?
The primary purpose of an embassy is to assist American citizens who travel to or live in the host country. U.S. Foreign Service Officers also interview citizens of the host country who wish to travel to the United States for business, education, or tourism purposes.
U.S. Embassy, LondonEmbassy in London, England
The Embassy of the United States of America in London is the diplomatic mission of the United States in the United Kingdom. It is the largest American embassy in Western Europe and the focal point for events relating to the United States held in the United Kingdom.
Embassy of the United States, BeijingOffice in Beijing, China
The Embassy of the United States in Beijing is the diplomatic mission of the United States in China. It serves as the administrative office of the United States Ambassador to China. The embassy complex is in Chaoyang District, Beijing.