Business Support Assistant (Administration) (El Obeid) – WFP
|United Nations World Food Programme
|Business Support Assistant (Administration) 1
|Sudan – El Obeid
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Facility Management, Monitors WFP facility management plans implementation, tracks maintenance expenditures and makes recommendations to improve performance. Acts as facility focal point for WFP El Obeid AO,
Assets Management: Coordinate with AO asset FP to ensure the timely recording of the received assets in GEMS. Update the current assets/ inventory list at both sites (El Obeid AO and the logistics hub), Ensure that all received assets are properly, stored, secured, and guarded.
Office Supply: Ensures proper office supplies management, NFIs and stationeries , Monitors and supervise adequate and appropriate use of office supplies ,Arranges for replenishment and timey distribution of office supplies,
Micro Purchase: Provides and process information relating to micro-purchases, Collects quotations, invoices and help in preparing of micro-purchase format, Executes all purchases within the office petty cash threshold.
Events: Supports the organization of events, workshops & conferences by making the logistical arrangements through engaging with facilitators, caterers, and hosts.
- Manages and maintain proper pouch tracking system.
- Receives/ sends pouch to/ from CO/FOs to designate units/ staff.
- Act as an alternate in the absence of Admin Staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Increase the Administration processes effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
Leadership Frame Work
|Leads by Example with Integrity
|Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
|Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
|Applies Strategic Thinking
|Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
|Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
|Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
|Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks and propose new ways of doing things
|Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Easily deal with Microsoft Office, excel Suite or related software.
- Good background in Administration
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience on handling the daily administrative duties
- experience on maintain data integrity in databases and initiate corrective actions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
- Females Candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV or UN P11 form, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date for this position is on 22/02/2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.