Senior Driver – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Senior Driver, FTA-G3|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s team of drivers and provide effective and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities? Are you ready to change and save the lives of Sudan’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you
At WFP, we are looking for experienced drivers to join our team of drivers in Khartoum, Sudan, to be hired as Senior Driver on a Fixed Term Contract at the G3 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
Where is WFP headquarters?
To provide efficient and safe transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials or visitors, and/or provide support in coordinating transport-related services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials and visitors including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and the delivery and collection of various items following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Plan and assign the routes and schedules for other Drivers, to support efficient transport-related services for clients.
3. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities, to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
4. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
5. Efficiently plan and coordinate WFP vehicle maintenance to ensure vehicles are fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, assigned equipment on board is in a good condition to support safe and efficient services.
6. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
7. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills, to ensure administrative support to clients.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification issued by the government of Sudan to operate assigned vehicles following local rules and regulations. Please attach your government-issued driver’s license to the application.
Experience: Three or more years of work experience as a Driver preferably in an international organization, public service, private company, transport company, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies,
- Knowledge of Local roads and their conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving operating rules and regulations.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 16 August 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED
For jobs from United Nations World Food Programme visit: WFP Jobs Page