Logistics Officer (Gedaref) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Logistics Officer SC L8 – Based in Gedaref (166965)|
|Location||Sudan – Gedaref|
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and report to a more senior Supply Chain Officer receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed which is essential to facilitate learning self-development and possible assumption of expanded responsibilities. Job holders at this grade level are typically “contributors” and work closely with a more experienced professional staff member. They carry out analytical work and come up with recommendations on supply chain related matters.
WFP Logistics is deploying a special effort to ensure effective management of logistics hub in Gadaref. The Logistics Officer will be responsible to head Logistics division in Gadaref Field Office focusing on: maintaining an appropriate logistics coordination mechanism, inclusive of key humanitarian actors and civil society; supporting logistics needs assessment, project planning and implementation; managing the implementation of, and any necessary adjustment to the Logistics strategy for Gadaref; providing technical advice to the WFP Sudan Country Office Logistics management and stakeholders on logistics response.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage and lead WFP Logistics operations in Gadaref to ensure timely and effective deployment of WFP Food assistance programmes.
- Hold accountability for the deployment of CO initiatives, policies and strategies.
- Effectively manage the Logistics Hub to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Hold accountability and/or prepare accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP Logistics operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Area/Country Office review to identify programme support requirements and inform operational planning and decisions.
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage logistics projects or operational activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to senior staff to improve performance of local logistics operations.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (e.g. through the design and review of training materials).
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices, participate in preparation of CO Logistics Capacity Assessment (LCA), to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management and Administration, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related professional work experience.
- Three years post graduate professional experience in the operations management, field of logistics, supply chain, warehousing, and contract management or relevant field.
Fluency in both English and Arabic
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Problem-solving skills, Decision making ability, Organisational skills, Procedural mindset, Ability to prioritise, understanding of quality management principles, Attention to detail, Ability to analyse data and understand connections, Management ability, Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Has developed or supported the development of multi-discipline work plans for the achievement of strategic aims within a defined area.
- Has gained experience in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency.
- Has gained experience managing mid-size financial budgets, balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Has experience leading a mid-size to large team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
- Has participated in a government/ partner negotiation.
- Has participated in a moderately complex emergency operation or development programme
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 29/6/2022
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only;
- WFP does not charge any fee at any of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/ADIS status.