Senior Programme Associate (Protection) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Senior Programme Associate (Protection) SCL7 – Based in Kassala (166587)|
|Location||Sudan – Kassala|
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are responsible for technical work including the planning, implementation and co-ordination of activities that require thorough understanding of programme/project context, issues and ability to apply a range of guidelines/practices. They independently handle a wide range of specialized programme or policy support activities and may be involved in analytical work. Work performed typically has a substantial impact affecting other parts of the programme. Job holders demonstrate initiative in the identification and resolution of a wide range of issues/problems, and effectively handle unforeseen situations. They may act as technical focal points in the area of vulnerability assessment and analysis. Job holders set objectives, resolve wide-ranging issues and unforeseen problems, supervise and coach a team of support staff within an area of responsibility.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programme in the AO or designated senior staff, and with technical support from WFP Protection/AAP team at the country office, the Protection/AAP Associate will act as a point of reference for guidance on and implementation of WFP policies on Protection and AAP into WFP programmes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the development, review and dissemination of the WFP Sudan Protection/AAP strategy amongst Programme colleagues
- Support the capacity strengthening of AO staff on robust protection mainstreaming and integration, protection risk assessment and analysis, protection monitoring for WFP food security interventions and disability inclusion
- Provide guidance and support for WFP and CPS at AO/FO on mainstreaming and integration of Protection /AAP within their respective intervention and based on WFP’s policies and guidance on Protection and protection mainstreaming principles
- With guidance from the CO P/AAP team, work with AO/SO programme colleagues to conduct protection risk analysis or assessments, develop risk mitigation action plan and follow up on implementation of mitigation measures to enhance the safety, dignity and integrity of communities
- Conduct regular visits to distribution sites to identify gaps in providing safe abd dignified assistance to beneficiaries and liaise with CPS and WFP programme staff on ways for improvement
- Provide and disseminate guidance and support to prioritize the most disadvantage groups such as disabled and elderly during distribution
- Regularly participate in at State level Protection Sector Working Group and CP/GBV Subsector working group meetings/forums/initiatives where information on protection services provided by sister agencies and other actors will likely be disseminated
- Serve as a resource and/or focal person for gender, data protection and PSEA at the AO,
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
· Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 26/06/2022
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only;
- WFP does not charge any fee at any of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/ADIS status.