Site Maintenance Assistant (office helper) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Site Maintenance Assistant (office helper) SC1,UNHAS (167364)|
|Location||Sudan – Kadugli|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
How to apply?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Talented women are encouraged to apply
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Associate or the designate. These jobs require a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well-organized and in a good condition.
2. Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services
4. Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, .
5. Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well-organized working environment
6. To perform any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: This position has no specific requirements for education, however completion of secondary school education is an advantage.
Experience: one year or more of office helper work experience.
Language: Intermediate knowledge of English and Arabic languages.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solution.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
This position is open only for Sudanese Nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Closing Date : 30/06/2022