Site Maintenance Assistant (Cook) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Site Maintenance Assistant (Cook) SC1 (ZALINGEI) (171372)|
|Location||Sudan – Zalinguei|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Administration team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Admin services ? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver a proactive and effective services that will enable WFP to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an individual experienced in cooking service to work as Site Maintenance Assistant (cook) in Zalingei, Sudan, to be hired on Service Contract at the SC 1 level.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Talented women are encouraged to apply
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Associate or the designate. These jobs require a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions.
To support site maintenance services in providing cleaning, laundry, basic garden maintenaance, porter duties and other related manual work, to ensure WFP premises are well-orgainzed, kept in clean & hygienic condition and are in comp;iance with the established standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: This position has no specific requirements for education, however completion of secondary school education is an advantage.
Experience: one year or more of laundry services work experience.
Language: Intermediate knowledge of English and Arabic Languages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
- Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well-organized working environment
- Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services
- Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well-organized and in a good condition.
- Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, to ensure that WFP office and guesthouse items are clean.
- Perform any other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solution.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team
Starting Date: 09/08/2022
Closing Date: 22/08/2022
Qualified Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.