Finance Manager – Windle Trust
|Organization:||Windle Trust International (WTI)|
|Location:||Based in Khartoum with travel to the field offices and outside Sudan as required|
|Reporting to:||Sudan Country Director.|
|Salary:||USD 1,800 gross per month pro rata (subject to statutory deduction for tax and social insurance; employer social insurance contributions).|
Windle Trust International (WTI) is an International NGO that has been operating in Sudan since 1999.
WTI challenges poverty and inequality by expanding access to, and improving the quality of education and training, for communities affected by conflict, displacement, neglect or discrimination. WTI manages a variety of donor funded education projects. Projects are delivered in close cooperation with project donors, local partners and government departments. WTI aims to develop and expand its work in Sudan.
To ensure the effective management of the financial systems of WTI in Sudan, in accordance with WTI’s finance procedures, guidelines and control systems. This includes: ensuring that effective financial controls are in place, appropriate documentation is maintained and accurate and timely accounts are prepared, preparation of regular and ad hoc financial management reports, cash flow analysis and forecasting, providing data for audit and support to senior staff in budgeting, forecasting and reporting to donors.
Financial Records and Controls
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place, and being applied and working well, including reconciliations and controls to safeguard cash and other assets.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records and documentation.
- Make payments from cash and bank accounts when due with appropriate authority in line with WTI and donor financial and procurement guidelines and procedures (including the proper preparation of vouchers, cheques, making bank transfers, issuing receipts, and checking supporting documentation is complete and accessible).
- Manage cash flow and reconcile the bank accounts of WTI including ensuring the accounts remain in credit and requesting fund transfers from WTI UK on a timely basis; that signatory and other records are kept up to date.
- Control, account for and reconcile cash, including managing petty cash floats
- Ensure proper and on-time reporting to donors and WTI UK in relation to the financial management and accounting.
- Ensure payroll records are properly prepared and maintained.
- Keep up to date with and ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements including taxation and other deductions from salaries.
- Make all salary and allowance payments when du, ensuring proper authorization.
- Make payments for staff medical expenses within the agreed guidelines and expenditure limit.
Budgeting, Monitoring and Reporting:
- Assist with the preparation of annual office and programme budgets and budget for funding proposals.
- Monitor and report on expenditure against approved budgets for office and programmes. cash flow and preparing forecasts.
- Prepare accurate financial reports for WTI and donors by specified deadlines, including regular monthly reports and submitting the accounts, reconciliations and bank and cash statements to WTI UK) as well as ad hoc management reports, for example, reports on actual versus budget income and expenditure, as required.
- Provide accounting support for the preparation of donor proposals, reports and audits.
- Make arrangements for audit of accounts as required.
- Provide all the necessary, accurate and timely information required for the preparation of the annual financial accounts and reporting process of WTI.
- Ensure the assets of the WTI Khartoum office are kept safe, Inventory kept up to date, and insured where appropriate.
- Provide any further accounting support as may be required by senior staff.
- Monitor local legal requirements and accounting standards, bringing them to the attention of senior staff as appropriate.
Person Specification and Qualification:
- Graduate (Bachelor degree with grade of at least good) with an appropriate professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant bookkeeping and financial management experience in the charitable sector and Non-Governmental Organization, preferably International.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including good knowledge of English language and fluency in Arabic.
- Competent IT skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office (especially, Word and Excel) and ability to use computerized accounting packages (experience of QuickBooks desirable).
- Good organization skills.
- Flexibility and ability to fit into a small, hard-working team.
- Ability to deal in a friendly and helpful way with people of different nationalities and backgrounds is essential.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of the organization.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are advised to send their applications (CV, all supporting documents and covering letter explaining why they want the job and how they meet the job specifications) to the Labour Office at HAC Federal Office Gamhouriya Street and a copy of application to Windle Trust International Office, Street 35, and El-Amarat.
Deadline is: 2022/1/13
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.