Operation Clerk – FAO
|Organization||The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Division/ Department||FAO Sudan|
|Duration||6 Months with Possibility of Extension|
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and Assistant FAOR Program and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the Operation Clerk is responsible for providing operational support to the Country Office. Specifically, the incumbent will:
Description of Duties:
- Support to operational activities related to projects cycle management
- Provide clerical support;
- Contribute to the Opening of the project according to FAO’s procedures and request for technical and operational clearances;
- Provide Support to ensure the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and by liaising with the Support Units; ‚
- Support to project budget management and preparation of revisions as required;
- Review Project transaction listings with a view to ¡dentif34ng errors in accounting against budget lines;
- Support to timely preparation and submission of financial reports and analytical reports on project performances and any other reports required by the Organization and the donor;
- Support to ensure the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (FPMJS, etc.) for all assigned operational field Projects/activities;
- Extracting, Inputting, Copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of files and digital records
- Support to Management of Letters of Agreement (LoAs):
- Provide clerical support
- Preparing the Routing Slip and initiate and Circulate the documents for final approval
- Prepare/Submit the Purchase Requisitions in FAO System and follow up with the Procurement Unit to raise POs.
- Monitor the approval of POs in the System and promptly Processing the instalments;
- Assist in updating the LOAS database in the shared drive and in filing the signed.
- documents, both in the system and in the LoAs archive
- Closely monitor the Service Provider delivery and submission of relevant documents (progress and final narrative and financial reports) according to Art 2.4 Monitoring Mechanisms and Reporting Requirements of Annex 1 of the LoAs;
- Assist in preparing Invitations editing LoA submissions to Local Procurement Committee and all other relevant documents;
- Follow up on the Database of FAO programme Unit’s Implementing Partners and make sure that the Service Provider selected met all essential criteria
- Liaise with the technical units (Khartoum and field offices) for the daily follow up of the implementations of the activities as indicated in the LoAs;
- Follow up of all correspondences related to LoAs;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Requirement:
The application will not be considered by candidates who do not possess ALL of the Essential Qualifications.
Graduated with a degree in economics, business administration, mathematics or other related fields;
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
- Fluency in the English language, Speaking reading, and writing.
- Strong IT skills, competent keyboard skills, knowledge of MS Office
- Good communications.
- An ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to produce accurate and well-documented records conforming to the required standard
- Ability to handle a large volume of work under time constraints
- Good manners, patience, and negotiations ability to deal with peers and counterparts
- Attention to detail
- Download FAO Personal History Form from: http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Employment/docs/Personal_History_Form.doc
- Submit the completed FAO Personal History form/ updated CV and copies of supporting documents and send them by email to: [email protected]
- (Attachments are not to exceed 3 MB).
- Applicant should clearly quote the vacancy number and the duty station in the subject title.
- This vacancy is open to Sudanese national male and female candidates. Applications for qualified women candidates are encouraged.
- FAO is Non- Smoking Environment
About Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
Headquarters: Rome, Italy