Senior ICT Assistant – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||Senior ICT Assistant|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||one-year fixed term, with the possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management Unit, the incumbent will provide user and technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure in the mission and support to the sub-offices.
The incumbent will work under the technical oversight of the Regional ICT Officer for the Middle East and North of Africa and in close coordination with the Global User Support Unit in Manila. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise ITC staff and all activities/tasks related to Information Technology and Communication Unit.
- Lead and support the implementation of IOM’s and RSC’s corporate applications such as MiMOSA, PRISM, WRAPS and Intranet.
- Plan, implement and maintain an integrated mechanism for data and information management, including various in house and third-party applications across all mission activities to ensure most effective and efficient processes to deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes. As applicable, do not duplicate and integrate with corporate and central systems and reporting mechanisms.
- Establish regular liaison with partners and relevant departments to support the information technology/management needs. Train and support field work related to survey and assessment, database assistants in the use, maintenance and support of database system and related information management tools. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Manage and maintain network WAN and LAN infrastructure, desktops and associated
- Systematically ensure in close coordination with Head of Resources Management that
the budget planning is incorporated in project and mission budgets including ITC
staffing, infrastructure and maintenance needs.
- Regularly monitor and implement all necessary modifications in compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM ITC policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
- Act as main point of contact with the sub-offices for all Information requirements and system administration matters.
- In coordination with Head of Resources Management liaise with Logistics and Procurement to ensure proper technical specification for purchase of ITC related equipment and propose most suitable solutions.
- Plan and monitor the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including virus protection and Internet security.
- Contribute to the Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans for mission databases and Email data.
- Coordinate the ITC Helpdesk for all IOM Sudan users and ensure proper response time in troubleshooting and resolving of all ITC related issues.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least five years of relevant professional experience, or.
- Completed High School degree with at least seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), webbased applications, .NET applications, Mobile Applications, SharePoint, SAP HR and Financials; as applicable for the position.
- Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, and/or ITIL Certifications an advantage.
- Experience working in different international organizations in emergency response (such as UN agencies, INGOs, IOs), Data Management or Information management, crisis, post conflict and other displacement situations; Detailed knowledge of the UN System, NGO humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Medium-sized offices support for LAN infrastructure, Active Directory domain environment and Windows-based servers
- Windows Server and desk support
- Support and troubleshoot computer and network equipment, including Microsoft Office applications, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows operating systems
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group policies
- Ability to work in a team environment; able to initiate and manage group studies to learn more about supporting the current infrastructure.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users’ knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage.
- Experience in web design and programming and knowledge of multi-variate mapping techniques.
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets.
- Knowledge of multi data capturing and analysis tools, including knowledge of database applications (Access, SQL or MySQL), mapping and GIS Tools and a basic understanding of mapping tools (ArcGIS).
- Basic understanding of web design considered an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- mplex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- Open to Nationals of Sudan Only.
- Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes via email: [email protected], by Dec 22, 2021, at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.12.2021 to 22.12.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training or other fees). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
For jobs from International Organization for Migration in Sudan visit: IOM Jobs Page