Finance Officer (Madani) – Muslim Aid
About Muslim Aid
Muslim Aid was established in the UK in 1985 by community leaders from 17 Islamic organizations in response to the drought in the Horn of Africa. We are a faith-based British international charity that provides help to people who are victims of natural disasters or conflict or suffering from poverty, hunger, disease, illiteracy, discrimination, homelessness, debt, unemployment, injustice, deprivation, or lack of skills and economic opportunities.
Muslim Aid’s Sudan country office was established in 1991 in response to the ongoing needs of the Sudanese people living through conflict and the effects of drought. Our office is based in Khartoum and delivers emergency response and strategic aid programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safety of cash during storage, daily payments, and transfers (in accordance with cash security rules).
- Ensure petty cash boxes are properly handled, cashbooks are maintained, and a cash count is performed regularly.
- Monitor cash balance, anticipate short-term needs, and request relevant cash transfers or withdrawals to avoid any shortage.
- Organize currency exchange transactions when needed, according to the country’s exchange policy.
- Work with the Finance coordinator to ensure field cash transfer needs are carried out in a timely manner with the required documentation in place and in accordance with Finance guidelines.
- Ensure close and proper follow-up of all cash advances, and advances settlements.
- Ensure proper understanding and use of all finance tools: cashbooks, advance books, and cash inventories.
- Ensure payments to suppliers are performed in a strict but swift manner, in accordance with the Muslim Aid purchasing and payment procedures.
Ensure compliance with cash control procedures for each journal:
- cashbook updated at every single transaction IN/OUT, daily cash count, weekly cash inventory including reconciliation with accounting system together with cash inventory performed and signed on last day of the month.
- Ensure any cash discrepancy is investigated and reported to the Muslim Aid Finance coordinator-FM, HOO.
- Prepare Cash cheque payments and transfers.
- Ensure copies of checks/proof of transfer are always attached to vouchers for payments from bank accountants.
- Prepare all payment vouchers (Cash/Bank/Working Advance/Advance settlement/Journal voucher).
- Ensure timely recording of transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Ensure vouchers are properly presented and stamped, including all relevant & required validation.
- Ensure that receipts and invoices are obtained for all expenditures.
- Signatures, including attached any relevant and required support documents.
- Report immediately any litigious/suspicious voucher/receipt/document to the Muslim Aid Finance Coordinator, F.M HOO.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving in the Muslim Aid country Office of all original monthly accounting according to MA standard (by month/journal/voucher number), including copies of monthly closing documents.
- Work with the finance Coordinator to ensure field cash transfer needs are carried out in a timely manner with the required documentation in place and in accordance with Finance guidelines.
- In coordination with the Operations Officer to review all monthly vehicle logs ensuring accurate allocation of vehicle costs to appropriate vehicle pools
- In coordination with the Operations Officer to ensure accurate asset register and work to ensure correct information is captured in the accounting system To ensure all Finance documents are properly filed, stamped paid, posted, and adequately labeled.
- University degree in finance and accounting or other relevant discipline
- At least 4 years experience in a Finance and Administration role with similar responsibilities
- Experience working with an international NGO will be highly preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
- Experience liaising with a range of stakeholders regarding financial issues
How to Apply
Closing Date: 21 Sept 2023
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through Email: [email protected] – Females are encouraged to apply