Education Coordinator(Geneina) – NRC
|The Norwegian Refugee Council
|01/31/2024, 01:08 PM
|02/14/2024, 01:08 PM
- Line management of education project officers and education assistants
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Contribute to education strategy development, and project proposals, and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement a delegated portfolio of education and youth projects (activities, budget, and project documentation (Securing Supporting Documents and Reconciliation of Deliverables) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to the education PM and ensure high accuracy of project achievements through project reporting templates, NRC internal system for reporting (GORS), and Activity Info reporting.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure that projects target project participants who are most in need of protection and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of refugees and IDPs in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Provide Guidance to the Education team members, and coordinate activities with other NRC sectors, i.e., Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance, Livelihoods and Shelter and settlement, WASH, etc.
- Monitor, evaluate, and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the PM.
- Document technical issues and questions, and channel to the PM.
- Support in the development of proposals, budgets, and donor reports for education.
- Engage/coordinate with relevant local authorities/stakeholders and serve as a liaison with stakeholders and the Ministry of Education/Directorate of Education, Directorate of Vocational Training, etc..
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working at least 3 years in an education project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Context-related skills, knowledge, and experience
- Knowledge of education context in Sudan; understanding of the circumstances, needs and challenges refugees/IDPs and the host community children face.
- Understanding of Sudan’s contextualized INEE minimum standards
- Knowledge of the basics of Child Protection and/or psychosocial support
- Experience working with children and/or educators; MoE-level experience a plus.
- Experience training or building the capacity of others.
- Candidates with a university and/or advanced degree preferred, significant experience in the field of education
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their jobs. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
NRC line managers must have the following Leadership profile
- Build meaningful relations,
- Empower people,
- Act with integrity,
- Deliver results.