Information Management Technical Officer(Gadarif) – NRC
|The Norwegian Refugee Council
|01/30/2024, 01:48 PM
|02/07/2024, 01:48 PM
The Information/Data Management (IM) Technical Officer, under the supervision of the Protection from Violence Coordinator and the technical guidance of the project manager, is responsible for the management, analysis, and sharing of data and information related to the department activities. The IM Technical Officer is responsible for developing tools, processes, and IM products aiming to inform humanitarian response. The IM Technical Officer is responsible for ensuring data confidentiality processes and Protection Information Management (PIM) are in place and respected.
- Ensure the PFV team has tools, processes, and capacity in place to collect, store, and share accurate and timely information and data on sites/areas where IDPs and returnees are located.
- Ensure regular, clear internal and external communication and reporting of data and information from NRC areas of intervention.
- Draft information products such as reports, charts, and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders for reporting, information sharing, and advocacy.
- Design the layouts of reporting and presentation templates using graphic design programs ensuring the attractiveness and clarity of the information products.
- Ensure the availability of updated and quality information for informed decision-making by NRC’s program team by identifying pertinent variables, including analyzing and interpreting multiple datasets, and identifying trends and patterns in protection issues and humanitarian needs affecting NRC’s targeted beneficiaries.
- Ensure the compliance of information systems and processes with the applicable standards and guidelines related to information management and data protection, including the Protection Information Management (PIM) standards and principles and NRC’s internal guidelines.
- Ensure the filling system is in place (hard copies and soft copies) and ensure access is managed properly, in cooperation with the PFV Coordinator.
- Cooperate with M&E staff to report and facilitate access to relevant data and information based on the monthly project achievements.
- Cooperate with Digital Community Hub (DCH) staff for referrals and information sharing. Ensure data from the field and updated information are shared monthly with DCH, to ensure harmonized communication with the targeted beneficiaries.
- 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in information management, database management, mapping, and web development.
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies and proven capacity to analyze statistical information.
- Previous experience in team and IM project management support.
- Proven abilities in data collection, compilation, analysis, and reporting with the ability to write clearly and concisely and effective oral communication.
- Proven skills in infographic management.
- Experience from working in camp-based humanitarian projects, or of community engagement practices in humanitarian situations.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of the local dialect is an asset.
- Previous experience in GIS and knowledge of different data collection methodologies with proven capacity to analyze statistical information.