Sr. Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist -Sudan social protection programme (SSPP)
|Duty Station:||Khartoum With frequent Travel to the field offices|
|ROLE PURPOSE:||12 months|
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Develop a comprehensive MEAL Framework and System, and related procedures and tools for Sudan Social Protection Programme.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
This role has overall MEAL responsibilities of Sudan Social Protection Programme being managed by Save the Children and the incumbent will thoroughly support relevant departments of govt. of Sudan and partner organizations in building their MEAL capacities and provide them hands-on support for key MEAL deliverables.
- Reports to: Head of MEAL
- Staff reporting to this post: TBD
- Direct: TBD
- Indirect: TBD
- Budget Responsibilities: MEAL activities budget in the proposal
Role Dimensions: Close working relationship with govt. MEAL and Management counterparts and staff, and partners MEAL and Management staff. The role holder will also be doing consultants management to be hired for various MEAL activities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
MEAL Framework and MEAL System Development
- Establish a MEAL Technical Working Group (MEAL TWG) with clear ToRs to ensure stakeholders involvement and participation in development of MEAL Framework and MEAL tools;
- Develop a comprehensive MEAL framework for SSPP clearly articulating programmes results, data sources, institutional arrangements, and a reliable flow of information;
- Undertake information requirement analysis in consultation with govt. and partner organizations to meet all information needs of the project;
- Support/facilitate in developing data collection tools and template to feed the information needs of the project;
- Ensure the project meets all data reporting requirements as per the framework agreement with govt., members and partner organizations;
Management Information System, Data Management and Data Visualization
- Embed technology in data collection and develop a centralized Management Information System (MIS) to manage a very large scale data set;
- Ensure quality checks are built into the system and work to maintain integrity, consistency and accuracy of the data collected and uploaded;
- Lead on graphical representation of information and data, using visual elements like charts, graphs, and maps etc.
- Produce periodic national level reports, fact sheet from the MIS, and support state, locality and community level analysis;
Beneficiaries Registration, Community Engagement, Assessments and Studies
- Contribute in strengthening the processes for communities and stakeholders’ engagement, information sharing and registration of beneficiaries’ population;
- Monitor beneficiaries profiling process and identify process loopholes, deviations and other areas of concern;
- Ensure the registration of beneficiaries has emphasis on vulnerable groups and they have no access issues in registration;
- Ensure the use of Quality Benchmarks (QBs) to assess the quality of cash distribution and share the findings with distribution team for course correction in the real time;
- Lead on developing post-assistance distribution monitoring (PDM) checklist and undertake PDM studies focusing on efficiency and effectiveness of the cash distribution process;
- Monitor and Evaluate weekly cash plus parenting and nutrition sessions and obtain community feedback on these sessions to gauge their effectiveness;
Learning, Knowledge Management and Learning Dissemination
- Generate learning on social protection delivery system tools developed and established in the three pilot states of intervention, and present the findings through lessons learned workshops, and documentation of developed approaches and related challenges;
- Develop learning products focusing best practices especially inclusion of vulnerable groups in hard-to-reach areas and population;
- Facilitate the review of Phase I of SSPP to inform the designing of SSPP Phase II to scale up the programme at national level to ensure full national coverage;
- Undertake final evaluation of SSPP covering all aspects of the SSPP consortia programme and including recommendations to the Government of Sudan regarding future social protection programming which could arise from the SSPP;
Accountability to Beneficiaries and Grievance Addressing Mechanism
- Develop a comprehensive accountability to beneficiaries system focusing efficient information sharing, community engagement and community grieviance addressal mechanism;
- Set up a contextually appropriate complaint and response channels and establish related communication channels consulting sampled beneficiaries’ communities;
- Ensure all project related complaints are addressed well in time and resolutions are sort.;
- Enhance capacity of related government departments and partner organizations on accountability to beneficiaries and complaint and response mechanism;
- Maintain a centralized complaint and response data base for various analysis and visualization and use the learning for improving the design and quality of SSPP interventions
- included in the report above .
- Ensuring the deportments, zones and fields have their own departmental KPIs, dashboards and tracking tables , report and follow up on them , and ensuring that key indicators feed into the SMT dashboard-limited# of KPI
- preparing for the quarterly Extended Senior Managment Team meeting full pack of updates on GA audits, statutory peoject year -end audits, and standards against the quality framework so that key elements can be selected for deeper discussion at SLT, SMT and ESMT
COMPELENCIES FOR THIS ROLE
- Delivering Results Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious for children, continually improving own performance or that team/organization
- Applying Technical and professional Expertise Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organization.
- Working Effectively with others: works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives. Knows when to follw, and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working .
- Comunicating with Impact Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence, promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, bulding confidence and trust.
- Minimum of advanced degree (MSc) in an area of social development, economics, statistics or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 6-9 years of practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organisation
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff, government departments, and partners on data collection, management, analysis, and disseminate complex information to a range of audiences.
- Conversant with impact evaluation methods as well as other established evaluation criteria (such as DEC)
- Practical knowledge or experience of working in humanitarian response and recovery at a technical senior level position.
- Excellent writing skills to present assessment and project reports in English
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office, any statistical package like STATA and digital data management systems
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
Prior experience of large scale cash programming and family and social protection programmes is highly desired.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.
Application, full CV, copy of qualifications and experience certificates should be delivered directly to HAC Labour Department, Khartoum – End of Gamojoria Street. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written tests and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly to Labour Office–HAC Khartoum. The closing date will be on day:/12/August/2021. Any application after this date will not be considered. All interviews were done in HAC Labour Dep.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents. SCI will be undertaking child safeguarding checks for all candidates. The selected candidate will be asked to provide police checking prior to signing the contract.
This position is pending funding confirmation.
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit: SCI Jobs Page