|Job Title:||Education Manager|
|Location:||Geneina (West Darfur)|
|Administratively Under the Line management of:||Project Manager|
|Under the technical supervisor of:||Project Manager and Head of Programs|
|Line Responsible for:||The education team at base level|
|Works in collaboration with:||All TGH teams (FSL, WASH, Log, Admin, Com mob, CB…)|
|Net Salary:||732 USD|
Under the technical supervision of the Project Manager and the Head of Programs, the Education Manager is responsible of the implementation and quality management of Triangle Generation Humanitaire in Education activities at base level.
In the course of undertaking tasks, he/she represents TGH on the field with professionalism, honesty and commitment.
Responsibilities and related tasks:
- Oversee the design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and follow up of TGH Education activities in area of intervention.
- Supervise partner organizations according to TGH partnership agreements or MoU whenever necessary and in coordination with his/her line manager.
1. Activities implementation management, monitoring and continuous improvement of Education activities at base level
- Plan Education activities in coordination with the Project Manager and Head of Programs on weekly and monthly basis according to priorities
- Ensure that the Education strategy and global plan are implemented under the supervision of the Head of Program
- Carry out regular needs assessment in the base and be responsible for programme monitoring and evaluation (M & E).
- Co-operate in the supervision of partner organizations according to TGH partnership agreements or MoU whenever necessary.
- Ensure that distributions of stationaries and school equipment is done in close collaboration with school Headmasters and representatives of the MoE, and that a distribution list is systematically signed by all the involved actors
- In coordination with the MoE, deliver quality trainings to Education actors
- Work in close collaboration with WASH team to ensure all engineering works related to WASH in school activities are conducted according to the expected quality and work plan, and plan Hygiene Promotion activities in schools
- Based on the regular needs assessment conducted on the field, identify gaps in terms of Education, suggest relevant activities to cover those needs and contribute to the development of concept notes for future funding
- Work in close collaboration with administrative and logistics departments to ensure the most effective use of resources to achieve project objectives and overall project goals. This may include travelling or other necessary arrangements for implementing activities, training, workshops or community meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitor to ensure that project activities are delivered within the allocated budget, advising the Project Manager, and Field Coordinator immediately of any anticipated possible deviations from the budget
- Facilitate awareness campaigns on PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) to affected populations and local communities, the standards of conduct expected of TGH staff and partners, and the various mechanisms for reporting abuse or concerns related to PSEA, including contact information.
- Ensure implementation of FCRM (Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism) as directed by the Head of Programs and Project Manager.
2. Team Management
- Supervise the Education team at base level, ensuring the respect of job description and TGH rules and regulation.
- Conduct yearly evaluations of the Education team at base level, as per TGH regulations.
- Organize and follow daily workers work and payments, ensuring respect of TGH rules and procedures.
- Validate technically administrative docs (daily worker, overtime, etc).
- Replace the Education Officer in case of absence
- Supervise the Education work of the community mobilizer, if any
- Support and monitor TGH staff respect of the PSEA guidelines.
3. Coordination and Relations with local partners
- Ensure coordination on base level and participate in TGH internal meetings.
- Attend coordination meetings with external humanitarian partners, line ministries representatives and/or HAC at base level as requested by the Project Manager/Field Coordinator.
- Attend meeting with community leaders (Sheikhs, Sheikhas) periodically to ensure that our intervention is beneficiary-focused, community-led and sustainable.
- Give the communities a sense of responsibility and ensure the handover of activities to the communities in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Education projects
- Ensure that Education activity beneficiaries and members of the communities targeted by the projects have access to complain mechanisms and in coordination with the Field Coordinator, Project Manager and Head of Program, provide adequate answer whenever needed
- Ensure all programs are carried out within project timeframe, partner and government agreement requirements and matches with TGH’s internal procedures and guidelines
4. Material availability and related processes
- Forecast and plan Education stocks required and raise Purchase Requests (PSRs) based on Education needs at base level (update the purchase plan, and cash request).
- Follow up requests and delivery of materials, stationaries and equipment required for Education activities, in coordination with logistics team, and ensures that everything is present at base before start of activity.
- Coordinate with administration regarding cash requests and expenditures
- Ensure timely submission of monthly follow up reports to the Project Manager/Field Coordinator and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Present periodical Education reports depending on the activities carried out and on Khartoum Coordination Team requirements.
6. Personal & staff capacity-building:
- Participate actively in the training courses recommended by TGH, and share new skills and knowledge with his/ her team or colleagues and TGH partners (MoE, PTAs, teachers, and any other).
- Take a proactive stance to identify areas requiring development and tailor training as appropriate
Any other tasks assigned by the line or the base manager based on TGH project needs.
And any other tasks assigned by line manager or technical supervisor related to TGH project implementation needs.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bsc degree (Education sciences).
- Post Graduate diploma will be an asset.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in job related to Education.
- At least 2 year of experience in managerial position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Sudanese Education system
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector is required
- Strong computer skills; good knowledge of the Microsoft office pack
- Ability to write and speak fluent English and Arabic
- Excellent program management and planning skills
- Strong leadership/team management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work in remote and insecure environments
- A honest and hard worker
- Organised and efficient
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision and in a team
- Ability to form respectful and friendly interpersonal relationships with colleagues
- Female applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
About Triangle Generation Humanitaire
Triangle Génération Humanitaire is an International Solidarity Organisation born in 1994 from the desire to develop cross-disciplinary and sustainable expertise. TGH integrates emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development in its programs within a comprehensive approach, using an environmental approach wherever possible.
Legal residence: France
Funding agencies: EC, Government, UN, UNICEF, UNHCR, AICS / DGDC
Sectors: Civil Society & NGOs, Poverty Reduction
Address: 1 Rue de Montribloud, 69009 Lyon, France
Triangle Generation Humanitaire (tgh) in Sudan
The lifting in 2018 of US economic sanctions applied since 1997 has not had the expected effect on the country’s economy, which is mainly dependent on imports.
Deprived of about 75% of the oil resources now located in Southern Sudan since its independence in 2011, Sudan is facing soaring inflation that has caused several devaluations of its currency in 2018, with a direct impact on the living conditions of rural and urban population.
The decrease in armed clashes between rebel groups and government forces seems to be confirmed in Darfur, with the United Nations announcing the withdrawal of the peacekeeping mission in the region (UNAMID) in 2020.
On the ground, this improvement in the security situation and the signing of a tripartite agreement between the Chadian and Sudanese governments and the United Nations refugee agency announce an acceleration in the return of refugees who have fled the conflict.
Meanwhile, sporadic clashes between rebels and the government (particularly in the Jebel Marra area) or between different tribes continue to occur regularly. In addition, the consequences of climatic disorders (floods, drought and fires) call for the maintenance of an emergency response capacity.
Acting in Sudan since 2004, TGH has rapidly expanded its programs in Central and West Darfur, despite a constantly precarious and complex situation.
From its six bases in Darfur and the one, established in 2020, in South Kordofan, the NGO continuously monitors humanitarian needs and identifies priorities for action. It can thus respond quickly to both new emergency situations in coordination with other humanitarian actors, local authorities and national partners, and have a solid knowledge of the structural problems affecting populations.
In West Darfur, TGH works with vulnerable populations affected by the conflict, and mitigates the effects of chronic emergencies due to lack of access to some basic services or natural disasters.
TGH’s multisectoral contribution saves lives while focusing on the empowerment of populations and the prospects for the return of displaced people.
TGH is strengthening the technical and material resources to boost agricultural and micro-economic activities in Geneina and Kreinik. In cooperation with local stakeholders, these actions help improve cereal and market gardening production as well as a safe environment for the beneficiary populations.
In Central Darfur, TGH is strengthening sanitation and access to safe drinking water in the Golo town (Jebel Marra). This action complements the responses provided in Golo and elsewhere to food security needs: delivery of agricultural equipment, training or home garden activities (for self-consumption).
TGH also supports returnees in Um Dukhun for access to basic services: education, water access (through community management of the infrastructure it has built), and development of sustainable livelihoods.
Finally, TGH is opening a new project in consortium with the NGO Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) in the sub-district of El Abassiya in South Kordofan. Indeed, the region has suffered from conflicts, pitting the predominantly Muslim populations in the North of the country against those in the South, who are mostly Christian and animist, since Sudan’s independence in 1956. These clashes have been characterized by massive population displacements, a drop in agricultural production impacting food security, a deterioration of basic services including reduced access to drinking water and a deterioration of education and health services. TGH teams are therefore actively working to provide adequate and sufficient water access to the population as well as to facilitate access to an improved school environment and sustainable learning conditions for students in the targeted localities. At the same time, the NGO PUI ensures the improvement and access to health services in particular by strengthening the technical platforms of health facilities, by supporting prevention activities or by building the capacity of health staff through trainings.
From 2020, as in most countries, the health situation in Sudan has deteriorated due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Due to a lockdown that lasted several months, much of the activities underway during the first wave of the virus had to be suspended by TGH. As a result, the majority of programmes in Sudan had had to adapt in order to complete the planned activities in compliance with the recommended barrier gestures and hygiene measures.
I have read and understood the job description and I agree to perform the duties stated herein to the best of my ability, and in compliance with TGH principles which are humanity, impartiality, and independence.
How To Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit an application letter, CV, and copies of Academic/experience qualifications to TGH Office, street 37 Amarat Khartoum, Plot No.16 block No 10, or hand-delivered to HAC labour office or through, [email protected]
Net Salary for this position is 732 USD
Opening date from 12 September 2021 to 23 September 2021
For jobs from Triangle Generation Humanitaire (tgh) in Sudan visit: Triangle Jobs Page