|Job Title:||Flying Deputy Human Resources Coordinator|
|Location:||Flying at least 50% in TGH different bases|
|Administratively Under the Line management of:||Project Manager|
|Line Responsible for:||HR Coordinator|
|Line Responsible of:||N/A|
|Works in collaboration with:||Finance, Logistics, Field Coordinators, Deputy Field Coordinators, Admin-Finance Supervisors, coordinators.|
|Net Salary:||732 USD|
1. Responsibilities and related tasks
The Flying Deputy Human Resources Coordinator provides practical and proactive support.He/she are responsible for the good implementation of TGH HR policies and procedures.
TGH Policies and procedures (HR, Wage, and input Policies and HR procedures)
- Ensure the implementation of the TGH HR policies and procedures
- Ensure the application of TGH procedures
- Communicate to and ensure the good understanding of any changes or new procedures by TGH staff
- Ensure the good understanding and implementation of HR tools in the mission
- Make any recommendations needed in order to improve the HR package (internal tools, internal official document, template, etc.)
Human resources management
- Keep Field Bases informed on antidiscrimination regulations.
- Provide support and technical advice to teams in their management of HR issues.
- Daily answering to the bases questions on HR policies and procedures.
- Implement with different coordinators and line manager the process of contract renewal, amendment, termination or reduction.
- Implement Internal Staff Regulation & Penalty code (letter of explanation, warning, etc.)
End of contract/termination settlement
- Prepare and edit end of contract documents for all staff, this includes calculation of final settlements, preparation of termination letters, discharge of liabilities, work certificates, (if any).
- Follow notices for all fixed terms contracts, and ensure proper and timely signatures of these documents.
- Prepare Social Insurance documents for end of contract.
Recruitment and Hiring process
- Coordinate the recruitment process in TGH, ensuring fair selection and respect of Sudanese laws and TGH procedures,
- Prepare and edit all necessary letters and forms for recruitment process
- Follow-up of each recruitment procedure (deadlines, following each step with concerned Manager or Coordinator, etc.) and capitalise in recruitment FU.
- Prepare with managers the shortlist.
- Implement process of internal recruitments.
- Ensure all the fees paid for recruitment are according to law and supported by official receipts.
- Inform concerned TGH staff of newly recruited staff
- Monitor probationary period for newly recruited staff, in collaboration with line manager and insure a timely evaluation and edition of notices if any, one month before the end of probationary period before end of it and monitor a quick evaluation with line managers and concerned staff.
- Ensure the preparation, signature of contracts, job description & related documents.
- Prepare, edit, communicate and coordinate the welcome briefing schedule.
Database, Salaries and taxes
- Prepare social insurance, income tax, and tax on travel allowance and make sure payments are done on time.
- Supervise the HR Database management and the monthly salary and taxes process,:
- Update the HR database with all new data
- Review and validate under HR Coordinator supervision salary database for TGH bases before pay slip printed out.
- Responsible for the process of booking with WFP and Commercial companies, based on an updated planning of movement, provided by the authorized persons as instructed. S/he acts as focal point for go-show management.
- Do the bookings efficiently and correctly, respecting the requesters planning and WFP booking procedures and deadlines.
- Follow all sent bookings till receiving the ticket and send tickets to passenger and bases of departure and arrival.
- Check the manifest and send information to the concerned persons
- Update WFP payments tool on a daily basis.
- Correspond the booking done with WFP statements to make sure the balance correspond to reality.
- Make payment to WFP when needed
- Under the direct supervision of HR Coordinator:
- Follow up social insurance registration and ensure all TGH staffs have social insurance numbers.
- Responsible of filing system, for all TGH Staff.
- Ensure that all staff folder is updated and completed
- Ensure Khartoum daily worker follow-up, making sure the tool is correctly filled and the procedure for daily worker hiring is respected.
- Follow up of medical insurance and registration, removal & reimbursement of TGH staff.
- Maintain good relationship with all stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as instructed by the HR Coordinator, Head of Finance & Humana Resources and Country Director.
- Visit the bases for support, briefings and replacing staff, if needed.
- Replace Human Resources Coordinator in absence.
- Any other task/duty necessary to the TGH activities
- Tasks include:
- Participate in Khartoum HR Forum monthly, if needed.
- Maintain good relationship with all partners
- Participate to any donor’s audit from a HR point of view, if needed
- Participate actively in the training courses recommended by TGH, and share new skills and knowledge with his/ her team or colleagues
- Take a proactive stance to identify areas requiring development and tailor training as appropriate.
- Through supervision and training, enable TGH staff to take on greater role in the performance of their tasks throughout the programme
- Ensure that capacity-building activities are implemented properly at field level
- Co-operate in the supervision of partner organizations according to TGH partnership agreements
2. Knowledge, Skills and personal feature required
- BSC Degree in Management, Law, related Field
- Master Degree will be an asset.
- At least 5 years of experience in Human Resources Management
- Sudan labor law knowledge
- Spoken and written English and Arabic compulsory.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Respectful, against any kind of discrimination
- Understand as well Triangle’s position and staff position when it comes to one HR matter
- Pro activity, sense of initiative
- Personal features: Diplomat, moderate, honest, motivated, enthusiastic.
About Triangle Generation Humanitaire
Triangle Génération Humanitaire is an International Solidarity Organisation born in 1994 from the desire to develop cross-disciplinary and sustainable expertise. TGH integrates emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development in its programs within a comprehensive approach, using an environmental approach wherever possible.
Legal residence: France
Funding agencies: EC, Government, UN, UNICEF, UNHCR, AICS / DGDC
Sectors: Civil Society & NGOs, Poverty Reduction
Address: 1 Rue de Montribloud, 69009 Lyon, France
Triangle Generation Humanitaire (tgh) in Sudan
The lifting in 2018 of US economic sanctions applied since 1997 has not had the expected effect on the country’s economy, which is mainly dependent on imports.
Deprived of about 75% of the oil resources now located in Southern Sudan since its independence in 2011, Sudan is facing soaring inflation that has caused several devaluations of its currency in 2018, with a direct impact on the living conditions of rural and urban population.
The decrease in armed clashes between rebel groups and government forces seems to be confirmed in Darfur, with the United Nations announcing the withdrawal of the peacekeeping mission in the region (UNAMID) in 2020.
On the ground, this improvement in the security situation and the signing of a tripartite agreement between the Chadian and Sudanese governments and the United Nations refugee agency announce an acceleration in the return of refugees who have fled the conflict.
Meanwhile, sporadic clashes between rebels and the government (particularly in the Jebel Marra area) or between different tribes continue to occur regularly. In addition, the consequences of climatic disorders (floods, drought and fires) call for the maintenance of an emergency response capacity.
Acting in Sudan since 2004, TGH has rapidly expanded its programs in Central and West Darfur, despite a constantly precarious and complex situation.
From its six bases in Darfur and the one, established in 2020, in South Kordofan, the NGO continuously monitors humanitarian needs and identifies priorities for action. It can thus respond quickly to both new emergency situations in coordination with other humanitarian actors, local authorities and national partners, and have a solid knowledge of the structural problems affecting populations.
In West Darfur, TGH works with vulnerable populations affected by the conflict, and mitigates the effects of chronic emergencies due to lack of access to some basic services or natural disasters.
TGH’s multisectoral contribution saves lives while focusing on the empowerment of populations and the prospects for the return of displaced people.
TGH is strengthening the technical and material resources to boost agricultural and micro-economic activities in Geneina and Kreinik. In cooperation with local stakeholders, these actions help improve cereal and market gardening production as well as a safe environment for the beneficiary populations.
In Central Darfur, TGH is strengthening sanitation and access to safe drinking water in the Golo town (Jebel Marra). This action complements the responses provided in Golo and elsewhere to food security needs: delivery of agricultural equipment, training or home garden activities (for self-consumption).
TGH also supports returnees in Um Dukhun for access to basic services: education, water access (through community management of the infrastructure it has built), and development of sustainable livelihoods.
Finally, TGH is opening a new project in consortium with the NGO Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) in the sub-district of El Abassiya in South Kordofan. Indeed, the region has suffered from conflicts, pitting the predominantly Muslim populations in the North of the country against those in the South, who are mostly Christian and animist, since Sudan’s independence in 1956. These clashes have been characterized by massive population displacements, a drop in agricultural production impacting food security, a deterioration of basic services including reduced access to drinking water and a deterioration of education and health services. TGH teams are therefore actively working to provide adequate and sufficient water access to the population as well as to facilitate access to an improved school environment and sustainable learning conditions for students in the targeted localities. At the same time, the NGO PUI ensures the improvement and access to health services in particular by strengthening the technical platforms of health facilities, by supporting prevention activities or by building the capacity of health staff through trainings.
From 2020, as in most countries, the health situation in Sudan has deteriorated due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Due to a lockdown that lasted several months, much of the activities underway during the first wave of the virus had to be suspended by TGH. As a result, the majority of programmes in Sudan had had to adapt in order to complete the planned activities in compliance with the recommended barrier gestures and hygiene measures.
I have read and understood the job description and I agree to perform the duties stated herein to the best of my ability, and in compliance with TGH principles which are humanity, impartiality, and independence.
How To Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit an application letter, CV, and copies of Academic/experience qualifications to TGH Office, street 37 Amarat Khartoum, Plot No.16 block No 10, or hand-delivered to HAC labour office or through, [email protected]
Net Salary for this position is 732 USD
Opening date from 12 September 2021 to 23 September 2021
For jobs from Triangle Generation Humanitaire (tgh) in Sudan visit: Triangle Jobs Page