Batch Recruitment: Administrative Associate – UNICEF
Batch Recruitment : Administrative Associate -GS-6, Fixed Term,Nyala,El geniena El Fashir, Sudan- for Sudanese nationals only
|Contract type:||Fixed Term Appointment|
|Categories:||Operations and Business Management|
|Advertised:||23/12/2021 E.Africa Standard Time|
|Deadline:||03/01/2022 E.Africa Standard Time|
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofans, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Specialist undertakes administrative management support services in a country or sub-country offices, the incumbent assists in ensuring efficient and cost effective administrative support services, providing guidance to administrative staff as well and supporting staff in office administrative assignments. Ensures the office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organization’s administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Budget Monitoring (specialized)
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
Human Resources (specialized)
- Drafts vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates.
- Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Coordinates the scheduling of interviews and technical assessments.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Office Planning & Project Management (specialized)
- Ensures the availability of timely, complete and accurate information and data for preparing section work plans and project management plans.
- Undertakes basic research and performs comparative analysis of project/programme related data.
- Monitors project implementation against established milestones and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Helps ensure timely compliance with agreed deadlines.
- Acts as focal point in the review of the completeness of data reports with key monitoring and evaluation information.
- Guides managers in the process of PCA/SSAs in line with the policies and guidance issued by FRG, supply division and DHR.
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Maintains up-to-date vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters.
Communications & Workflow
- Facilitates the communications and workflow of the organizational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicates routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurate.
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the work group commitments.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
Maintains and updates a system that monitors the absence of staff.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is the minimum required academic degree however first University degree or higher diploma in administration, finance, or any other related field of discipline relevant to the job is an asset.
- 7 years of relevant professional work experience with both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Fluency in English and Arabic language
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- In-depth knowledge of UNICEF organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
** Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
*** Candidates found suitable in this process but not appointed for this post may be retained in the relevant talent group and contacted for similar future career opportunities with UNICEF Sudan over the next 36 months.
UNICEF DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). UNICEF DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Advertised: 23 Dec 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 03 Jan 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Headquarters: New York, NY
What does UNICEF do in the United Kingdom?
UNICEF keeps children safe by providing vaccines against deadly diseases, distributing mosquito nets, and by promoting safe hygiene in communities around the world. We are the world’s largest supplier of emergency life-saving food for children. And we campaign tirelessly to end violence against children.
What are the 3 largest donors of UNICEF?
In 2020, the three largest government contributors to UNICEF were the United States of America, Germany, and the European Commission.
Does the United Nations offer scholarships?
Now you can begin earning college scholarships for your participation in model United Nations as early as the 9th grade, even if you don’t plan to pursue it in college. … Plus, if you’re in a leadership role, you may be eligible for an extra scholarship of up to $3,375 per year!
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) scholarships for international students
International scholarships, fellowships, or grants are offered to students outside the country where the university is located. These are also called financial aid and many times the financial aid office of the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) deals with it. United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) scholarships are offered by United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) to study or research there.
There are various United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) scholarships, internships for international students. Apart from the university-based scholarships, there are many other organizations including foundations, trusts, corporates, etc. Who offer scholarships for international students. To help, we list out the latest international scholarships, fellowships, and grants information. The United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) scholarships application form is also available to apply online for the scholarships.
- United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Bachelors scholarships (also known as United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) undergraduate scholarships)
- United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Masters scholarships
- United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) PhD scholarships
As you see, these United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) scholarships can be taken for various degree levels. Explore United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) courses/ degree programs offered for United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) bachelors courses (also known as United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) undergraduate courses), United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Masters courses and even for United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Ph.D. courses or research programs.
For jobs from UNICEF visit: UNICEF Jobs Page