Support to Communications and Social Media – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Description of the assignment title||Support to Communications and Social Media|
|Number of assignments||2|
|Advertisement end date||11/10/2023|
Mission and objectives
UNISFA was established in July 2011 under authority of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO). UNISFA is mandated to Strengthen the capacity of the Abyei Police Service (APS) by providing support, including the training of personnel, and coordinate with the APS on matters of law and order, Monitor and verify the redeployment of armed forces from the Abyei area in accordance with the 20 June 2011 Agreement, Provide de-mining assistance and technical advice, Facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid and free movement of humanitarian personnel in coordination with relevant Abyei Area bodies, When requested and in cooperation with the APS, provide security for oil infrastructure in the Abyei Administrative Area (AAA) and later to organize the referendum The Council also authorized UNISFA under Chapter VII to:
• Protect UN Personnel, facilities, installations, and equipment.
• Ensure the security and freedom of UN and humanitarian personnel and members of the Joint Military Observers Committee and Joint Military Observer Teams established by the 20 June Agreement.
• Protect civilians under imminent threat of physical violence; and protect the Area from incursions by unauthorized elements and ensure security.
The Strategic Communication and Public Information Office of the United Nations Interim Force for Abyei (UNISFA) is looking for 2 online volunteers to support UNISFA’S social media channels mainly X, Instagram and Facebook (text and visuals with Graphic Designing and Infographics) as per the UN branding Guidelines. The Social Media Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the UNISFA’s social media strategy. This role aims to enhance brand awareness, engage the target audience, and drive traffic and leads through various social media platforms. The social media Officer will work closely with the Public Information team to ensure consistent and effective online presence.
Social Media Strategy Development:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy aligned with the UNISFA’s mandate and activities.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging social media platforms to ensure the strategy remains relevant and competitive.
Content Creation and Management:
- Create engaging, original, and high-quality content for social media posts, including text, images, videos, and infographics.
- Develop a content calendar and ensure consistent posting across all social media platforms.
- Monitor and moderate user-generated content and engage with the online community.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with the online audience through interactive and timely responses.
- Implement strategies to increase followers, likes, shares, and other relevant engagement metrics.
- Actively participate in relevant online conversations and trending topics.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Use social media analytics tools to track performance and gather insights on audience behavior and preferences.
- Generate regular reports to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns and recommend improvements based on data-driven insights.
- Campaign Management:
Social Media Trends and Compliance:
- Stay informed about changes in social media algorithms, policies, and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in social media activities.
- Candidates should have previous experience in social media, communications, campaigning or strategy development with excellent communication and writing/editing skills.
- Good knowledge of online marketing tools and channels, as well as experience with designing of outreach/marketing tools is highly desired.
- A degree in marketing, marketing management, communications or related fields is considered an asset.
- Excellent written communication skills in English
English, Level: Fluent, Desirable
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
While you volunteer for a better future, we have you covered from start to finish!
Watch these explainer videos for an overview of benefits and allowances you may receive during the assignment.
1. Benefits and Allowances at the start of assignment
2. Benefits and Allowances during assignment
3. Benefits and Allowances at the end-of-assignment