|Organization||Catholic Relief Services|
|Job Title:||Deputy Finance Manager Grants and Partnership|
|Gross Salary:||2,617 USD|
|Contract Duration:||2 Years|
|Reports To:||CP Finance Manager|
|Country/Location:||Khartoum, Sudan, with potential field visits|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
You will ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability, and financial risk management while maintaining the effectiveness and robustness of the Country Program (CP) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will lead teams and work with other staff and managers to identify challenges, implement improvement solutions, as needed, and minimize CRS and its partners’ exposure to financial risk.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage talent and supervise staff working on grants management and partnerships. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Work with the Head of Programs (HOP), Program Managers (PMs), Head of Operations (HOOP) and HR staff to develop staff skills in grants management.
- Assist PMs in implementing CRS and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Analyze Pool Budget Comparison Reports (BCRs) for trends, discusses trends with heads of departments.
- Ensures production of monthly budget comparison reports (BCRs) for each project and distribution to budget managers.
- Prepare budgets with program team & Head of program for new proposals.
- Responsible for closure of grants, maintenance of Grants agreements and donor financial reports.
- Conduct field visits to increase capacity of sub office program and finance staff on managing grants and ensure compliance with CRS and donor policies.
- Lead monthly meetings with program and finance staff and share analysis and updated information regarding variance in grants and projects budgets.
- Update the donors file and the Grant Tracking sheets. Also manage the soft data base of grants & update it on regular basis.
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of Budget Reconciliation Form and Budget Maintenance Form.
- Budget Review along with the budget managers in compliance to the grant agreement.
- Assist and plan audits as needed.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/Fiscal reporting to the donors.
- Maintain effective coordination with supervisor in finance section and Head of Programming to identify relevant problems and positively recommend suitable solutions.
- Provide necessary support to programming staff regarding INSIGHT reports.
- Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources and Cash Forecasting.
- Lead and design the training of existing staff, as well as new hires (particularly in programming departments) to ensure accurate and consistent knowledge of CRS financial procedures related to managing partner awards, and general CRS financial policies and procedures.
- Lead the design and training of partner program staff to ensure that proper procedures are followed, supporting documentation is clear and best practices of financial management are consistently applied.
- Reviewed and processed the liquidation of project holder advances. Posted partner liquidations in INSIGHT System.
- Circulate partner aging report to all concerned program staff and provided active follow up.
- Ensure that adequate financial and system controls are in place with new and existing CRS Partners.
- Conduct assessments of potential partners based upon identified need by programming staff.
- Supported program staff in preparing partners budgets or any other matter relating with partner finance.
- Responsible to submission of financial reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, and local government entities). This includes ensuring that reports are discussed collectively with the different functions (program management, MEAL) to facilitate quality analysis of issues and identification of appropriate solutions. Ensure accuracy and quality checks are carried out prior to submission to donors.
- Review and approve cash disbursement advance, ensuring accurate postings. Ensure that advances to partners are liquidated accurately and timely.
- Master’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). MBA degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred. Long related experience can be accepted in lieu of academic certification
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Required Languages – Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Travel – Khartoum based with expected 50% travel across CRS offices and partners/projects locations in Sudan, including Darfur states
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of financial reporting software highly preferred
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will supervise a team of 5-10 staff
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Program Managers, Head of Operations, Procurement, HR and other CP and regional and HQ staff
External: Donors, Partners, Government
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people. especially children and vulnerable adults to live free from abuse and harm. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply If interested and have the qualifications required, please submit all applications with a Covering letter and copies of certificates attached with your Resume to: The Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor Office in Khartoum – Gemhoria Street Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States.
What do the Catholic Relief Services do?
Catholic Relief Services is a manifestation of love for our brothers and sisters around the globe by the Catholic community of the United States. We protect, defend and advance human life around the world by directly meeting basic needs and advocating solutions to injustice.
Headquarters: Baltimore, MD
Baltimore is a major city in Maryland with a long history as an important seaport. Fort McHenry, birthplace of the U.S. national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” sits at the mouth of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
Founder: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
How to Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit all applications with a Covering letter and copies of certificates attached with your C.V to The Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor Office in Khartoum – Gemhoria Street Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.