|Organization:||Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)|
|Report to:||Country Director|
|Gross Salary:||USD 1,815|
ADRA MISSION STATEMENT
ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible actions.
ADRA SUDAN, VALUES
ADRA Sunset, s key values are:
- Respect to individuals without regard to their race, gender, culture, family background, or belief system, especially the most vulnerable of society, such as women, children, elderly, poor, and people with special needs,
- Integrity and transparency in relationships with all persons, organizations, systems, and processes, including the ADRA network؛
- Excellence in all activities.
- Enhances and organizations, s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, selection, and interviewing program, counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interviews, and recommending changes.
Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluation and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees, scheduling management conferences with employees, hearing and resolving employee grievances, and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends, recommending benefits.
- Programs to management, directing the processing of benefit claims, obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts, and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource policies of the organization and Sudan Labor Law requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing filing and retrieval systems and keeping past and current records both in hard and soft copy.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff job results by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERIENCES/REQUIREMENT
- Onboarding & Induction.
- Recruitment & Selection.
- Learning & Development.
- Performance Management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment Law
- Organization Development
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor, s degree in Human Resources or business administration or any other related field.
- Certification in Human Resources Management& Development
- 5+years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+years of experience in Labor and Employment Relations
- 3+years of experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills
- Teamwork personality
- Fluency in English and Arabic (Write, read and speak)
- Self-learning person
- Committed to work and to served communities
- Respect diversity
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines; ability to travel internationally or on short notice;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft(Excel, Word, PowerPoint,etc.)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
ADRA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment. This policy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
The organization values people from diverse backgrounds, working to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty, and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind_including that involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other similarly protected status_is unacceptable. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Being employed by the Adventist Development Relief Agency requires a commitment to its mission and lifestyle. The holder of this position will reflect in their personal and professional life the organization,s values, as referred to in the ADRA Sudan Handbook.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with the updated CV and copies of academic and experiences certificates to the HUMANITARIAN AID COMMISSION (HAC) Labor office.
- Candidates should scan and send CV and cover letter to the following E-mail after the HAC Labor office signed and stamped it: [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is 10days from the date of announcement
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency International is a humanitarian agency operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church for the purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. It was founded in 1956, and it is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America.
What services does ADRA?
ADRA’s areas of expertise include Education, Emergencies, Food/nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Shelter, Training and development, Water and sanitation, Women, Children, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme management, and Security.
For jobs from ADRA visit: ADRA Jobs Page