Accounting Manager (Madani) – MSF Swizerland
|Reports to||Deputy Finance Coordinator|
|Location||Wad-Madani, with the possibility to relocate in another state|
The Accounting Manager is responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission: paper accounting (vouchers, support documents, invoices), electronic data-entry (encoding in “UNIFIELD” system), consolidation of field and coordination registers (Cash register, bank register) monthly closing process and back up documents.
- Ensure compliance with MSF guidelines, standards, policies, deadlines, encoding rules, and procedures for the mission especially purchasing, validation, and payment procedures
- Production of consolidated financial documents: draft monthly budget follow-up + monthly cash request, participate in budget design and revision
- Consolidate the monthly cash request for the mission, in coordination with all relevant persons (in field + coordination)
- Technical reference for accounting: feedback, support, training, control of finance staff (assistants, accountants, cashiers) in coordination and on the field
- Ensure payments to suppliers are performed in a strict but swift manner, in accordance with the MSF purchasing and payment procedures for the mission
- Prepare cheque payments, transfer requests, and bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in coordination, check all bank reconciliations from the field
- Takes initiative to develop relevant suggestions or improvements on existing tools and forms to help finance staff record and follow-up recurrent costs in a proper and consistent manner (incentives, per diems, utilities, refunds, etc)
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of data-entry in UNIFIELD throughout the mission: ensure encoding done every day by cashier/accountant, consistency with receipts/paper accounting, proper use of the chart of accounts, respect of standard encoding guidelines for descriptions, etc
- Prepare monthly budget follow-up, fill & update relevant comments before submitting to the Finance coordinator (or Head of Mission by default).
- If no Finance coordinator, ensure distribution and share comments & analysis with all relevant coordinators and the finance controller at HQ
- Direct supervision of the finance team in coordination.
- University degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) highly preferable
- Minimum 3 years relevant managerial experience, with demonstrated skills in effective compliance to procedures and control of expenses
- Fluent Arabic and English required, another language an asset
How to Apply?
- Cover letter, explaining your motivation for the position
- Complete CV, copies of relevant certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV
- Updated contact details (candidate’s phone number and a backup phone number)
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference
Application to MSF-Switzerland Office in Wad-Madani, Labour Office, HAC, before August 3rd, 2023, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you