The shortlisted applicant for the Purchasing Officer Position
The written test will be on Saturday 16/09/2023 at 10:00 am at Al-Manar Private Primary School, Alandalus Street West Alsayed-Alhasan’s Mosque. (0122403040)
|Reports to||Supply Chain Manager|
|Location||White Nile Kosti|
Performing the day-to-day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/ project.
- Performing on a day-to-day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e., price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled, and translating information written in the local language before approval.
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Assisting in the reception control process with the stores responsible
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
|Education||A bachelor’s degree is required. |
Preferable a bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement, logistics, supply chain, or any other relevant study.
|Experience||At least 2 years of experience in in-depth knowledge of the local market context and in supply chain-related jobs|
|Languages||Mission language is essential. (English & Arabic).|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and Internet) & radio Equipment user knowledge.|
|Competencies||Results and Quality Orientation L1|
Teamwork and Cooperation L1
Behavioural Flexibility L1
Commitment to MSF Principles L1
Service Orientation L1
Stress Management L2
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the Labour Office, Kosti, in a sealed envelope mentioning (MSF Spain – application for PURCHASING OFFICER)