|Location||Kadogli South Kordofan State|
|Salary Range||1659-1740 USD|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian organization founded in 1950 with operations in nearly 100 countries worldwide. In Sudan, World Vision has programs in Darfur, Blue Nile, East Darfur, South Kordofan & Khartoum states. Our interventions are in early childhood education, health and nutrition, income generation, and sustainable livelihoods. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
World Vision South Kadogli South seeking to recruit a qualified Project Manager based in Kadogli South Kordofan State.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to manage GAC-funded projects implemented in South Kordofan & South Darfur which includes planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the project. S/he will provide technical, administrative, financial, and human resource management oversight in accordance with WV policies and donor requirements. S/he will ensure effective and efficient implementation of the projects including ensuring visibility and effective communication with all stakeholders.
The Manager shall fully comply with safety and security procedures, child-safe organizational policies of WVI, and program/humanitarian accountability practices. He/she is also expected to ensure partners’ (local NGOs, private sector actors, etc) adherence and accountability to the same.
The post holder will also support early recovery and resilience-oriented programming in collaboration with World Vision Sudan staff and key stakeholders and will assist the Associate’s Director in program coordination, monitoring, and reporting.
|% Time||Major Activities||End Results Expected|
|70||Planning, implementation, monitoring/supervision, reporting, and evaluation of projects|
1. Set up the GAC project as per the design detailed in proposal documentation (narrative, log frame, budget, PMP) and the contract with donors in close collaboration with implementing partners, relevant government line ministries, and other stakeholders
2. Be directly accountable and responsible for delivery of projects (planning, implementation, monitoring/supervision, reporting, and evaluation) ensuring quality assurance in conformity with World Vision’s technical approaches, models, and project management standards. This includes the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical approaches to ensure standardization of approaches and models in delivery.
3. In collaboration with other departments such as M&E and Finance, develop project performance tracking tools (work plans, PMPs, expenditure plans, procurement plans, etc) and oversee the utilization of these tracking tools to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects
4. Provide timely scheduled and ad hoc reporting on implementation progress to donors, WV Sudan Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and other stakeholders including HAC and government line ministries
5. Lead continual development and embedding of learning culture throughout the organization; ensuring lessons learned are proactively used in the designing of new projects and iteratively used to influence the implementation of ongoing projects.
6. Participate in relevant coordination meetings and cluster forums, representation and partnership initiatives.
|Project implemented on time|
|20||Contribute to program development and quality assurance for community recovery and resilience:|
1. Develop humanitarian and resilience strategy for Programs that is aligned to WV Sudan and WV International mission, vision, and strategies
2. Provide technical support for the designing, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of humanitarian and resilience oriented projects for WV Sudan South Kordofan Programs
3. Initiate and manage needs assessment and surveys aimed at determining community needs for emergency, early recovery, and resilience program interventions including program wide baseline assessment/survey in order to measure WV program/project impacts and inform future emergency, recovery, and resilience oriented programming.
4. Work closely with GAM department and PQEI to build and sustain WV Sudan’s emergency, early recovery, and resilience portfolios
|The project adheres to core humanitarian standards as well as WV policies and guidelines. Project is accepted in the community and contributes to the saving of lives and resilience to shocks.|
|10||Management and other responsibilities|
1. Identify vacancies and support P+C to fill the vacancies ensuring adequate resourcing for each position before advertising it (this entails developing and reviewing role profiles/job descriptions, reviewing and aligning payroll bands, advertising vacant positions, managing the interviewing processes, recommending appointments, overseeing orientation and probation periods)
2. Develop Performance Agreements (PAs) with clear and measurable Key Performance Measures (KPMs) and regularly review staff performance in line with WV Sudan policies and agreed upon weekly / monthly work plans
3. Oversee staff retention and capacity development
4. Ensure adequate allocation of funds for remuneration of relevant staff salaries in new proposals
5. Review project staffing structure for each location to improve performance, accountability, and delivery
6. Review project staffing structure for each location to improve performance, accountability and delivery
|The project has adequate human resources and is well represented in all targeted communities. Staff retention|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, rural development or a related field from an accredited university
- Proposal and report writing experience
- Management experience
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Willingness to live and travel in harsh conditions
- Knowledge and awareness of Sudan or a similar fragile context
- Expert level understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and other Microsoft applications
- People Management training and understanding principles of People in Aid
- At least six (6) years progressive experience in managing large, multi-year programs
- Hands on experience in developing program performance tracking tools
- Experience in managing projects funded by the major institutional donors such as GAC, ECHO, DFID, EC, USAID/ BHA and others
- Advanced management of large integrated and multi-faceted programs
- Advanced demonstration of good planning skills while retaining flexibility for unforeseen eventualities
- Advanced understanding of risks particularly in a fragile and insecure environment and proactively planning to mitigate risk
- Fluency in English Language
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Sociology, International Development, or a related field from an accredited university
- Professional training in project management
- Working knowledge of Arabic language
- Experience in designing and conducting programme assessments and evaluations
- Work experience in fragile context and complex environments preferred.
- Knowledge and awareness of Sudan or a similar fragile context
- Training and experience in the protection sector, particularly of children in conflict environments
All applications should be submitted also to Labour Office HAC
About World Vision in Sudan
As a child-focused organization, our goal is to see children reach their full potential. We don’t just want children to survive, we want them to thrive! We began working in Sudan in 1983, our programs were initially operational until 1988. In June 2004, we resumed operations, in response to the Darfur Crisis.
Today, our teams of dedicated development and humanitarian professionals work tirelessly to contribute to the improved well-being of boys and girls through multi-sectoral and community-based programs across four states: South Darfur, Blue Nile, East Darfur, and South Kordofan. Our headquarters are in Khartoum.
We remain committed to our vision of life in all its fullness for all children. By 2020, we hope to have positively affected 2.5 million boys and girls in Sudan.
What is the main purpose of World Vision?
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
What countries does World Vision work in?
What countries does World Vision work in? World Vision works in some of the poorest countries in the world where the need for help is greatest. The World Vision Partnership works across Asia and the Pacific, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia.
For jobs from World Vision in Sudan visit: World Vision Jobs Page