Supply Chain and Operations Assistant (Elfashir) – Relief International
About Relief International
About RI: Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK based, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing on life-saving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
Relief International is a nonprofit organization that partners with some of the world’s most vulnerable communities to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. … Relief International is non-sectarian and non-political. Relief International works in 19 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
It is based in Washington, D.C., and in London. Relief International was founded in the U.S. in 1990 by Farshad Rastegar, an Iranian American. The European headquarters under the title Relief International UK began operations in 2005. Focus: Human Rights, health, empowerment, …Location: Washington, D.C., and London.
Working under the direct supervision of Snr SCO Officer, the SCO Assistant will be responsible for Supply Chain and Operations responsibilities including Fleet, warehousing and logistics in North Darfur, Elfashir.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure records for (inventories, Assets, stock) and procurement trackers compiled, updated and maintained at the box folders with hard copies in a secure place.
- Coordinate with other staff members to ensure the North Darfur, Elfashir and Guest House are adequately equipped and supplied.
- Assist any other logistical staff and other program support staff on various tasks as directed, including, but not limited to, stock control, document preparation and processing, and transport management
- Assist the smooth functioning and support of Wad Madani office and field including short program support visits to field offices as necessary.
- Procure all items required for program me which authorized and processed all procurement procedure.
- To maintain accurate records of all quotes, items procured and assets in use in line with RI procedure, ensure that all correctly completed and authorized procurement requests are procured and delivered in a timely manner,
- Ensure that all RI procedures and Donor rules relating to procurements such as quotations, records and procurement summaries are followed and accurately recorded
- Carry out a transparent and efficient bidding (quotation) process as outlined in the RI Procurement Procedures Manual
- Update the Procurement Tracker report on daily basis and share with country office on a daily basis while referring to box.
- Make every effort to obtain the lowest price and highest quality of items for RI programs
- Procure all requested items in a timely manner
- Account for purchased items and coordinate with appropriate logistical and admin staff members
- Acknowledge orders received and where possible provide initial feedback on costing estimates and delivery times.
- Receive quotation requests from field and provide information as requested, where requested help requester develop specification; advising on type of equipment needed, what is available, rough costing etc.
- Develop a clear knowledge and understanding of RI procurement procedures and ensure that all purchases are fully compliant with RI donor rules and standard procurement regulations
- Ensure payment of suppliers is made promptly and that the finance department receives all the necessary documentations.
- Advise field sites on procurement system, availability of goods etc.
- Prepare stocks reports for RI Sudan through required periodic reporting (i.e weekly, Monthly, bi-annually and Annually) and ensure stock are well supported by applying required stock management tools in accordance with RI stock management procedures.
- Act as focal person for warehousing & inventory management information management system
- Prepare and review assets and inventory list and ensure the verification process in all offices/HFs to determine existence, condition and ensure accurate updated asset register in accordance to RI asset management policies.
- Ensure accountability, documentation and handover paperwork are correctly done (I.e. Donation certificates and/or asset transfer certificates)
- Being in charge of asset control ensure that all assets lists are adequately update and share with all field office.
- All assignment form for the equipment is assign to staff are available and reconciled with master asset list.
- Organize transportation of the required program and support items to and from the Wad Madani office.
- Ensure that all transported goods have the appropriate documentation, e.g., waybills, receipts, etc., and that all inventories and stock lists are updated at the receiving and sending end as necessary.
- Manage all Wad Madani vehicles and drivers, and assist the maintenance of Vehicles.
- Ensure the vehicle travel and fuel use logs of all Wad Madani vehicles are kept up to date and arrange appropriate vehicle inspections and repairs for all vehicles.
- Ensure the safety, full-equipping, and road-worthiness of all Wad Madani vehicles, together with drivers.
- Support management of vehicle fleets in line with RI standards to ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the program me bases, servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to and ensure accountability with particular reference to fuel consumption.
- Determining the appropriate means of transport; transportation cost management, bookings, documentation, such as waybills; scheduling etc.
- Ensure that all transported goods have the appropriate documentation, e.g., waybills, receipts, etc., and that all inventories and stock lists are updated at the receiving and sending end as necessary
- Ensure that all partner regulations and procedures are upheld during the transportation process, and that mishandling costs to RI are minimized
- Maintain all files related to logistics, including filing regarding inventory control, transportation management, vehicle management, procurement, communications, travel, etc.
- Order, distribute, and keep accountability of stock including office supplies
- Assist Admin/Finance personnel to maintain accounting records relating to procurement
- Order, distribute, and keep accountability of all office supplies including, but not limited to, computer disks, calculators, pens, paper, etc.
- Organize all RI files related to logistics and keep them updated as directed
- Bookings adhering to the required timings to save on costs and eliminate or minimize frustration.
- Management of staff movement using boards accessible by all, ensuring that information is accurate and regularly updated, changes timely communicated to the affected staff.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree will be a plus in a related field.
- 2- 3 years’ experience with an international NGO in a similar position.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluent in English and in Arabic oral and written.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Computer skills and office management skills.
- Human Relations skills, including integrity and the ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure preferred.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How To Apply
- Please, submit your CV, work certificates, and qualifications and state the name of the position on the envelop, a telephone contact number, and three professional references to Labor Office Wad Madani, Closing date: 05.10.2023, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org